Sunday, September 09, 2012

The Season Opener!

We'll just dive right into it here- we had a fairly busy week and mom found her inner Tiger Mom.  
I had soccer practice on Tuesday which makes for a long day anyway and then you add dinner and homework on top of it and it just seems endless.  Mom also picked this day to head to my school to ask my teacher why my reading assignments were so easy.  Mom tends to be fairly lazy in the "check in with teacher/find out if there are any difficulties in the classroom" area of parenting so this was a big deal for her.  So she marched (meekly) into my classroom and demanded ( in a really quiet voice that involved a  lot of "Whatever you think is best Mrs. V!") that I be given harder reading assignments.  Turns out mom was right and that was the direction Mrs. V was taking me anyway, mom just didn't have the patience to wait.
So Wednesday evening was "Back to School" night when the parents visit the classrooms and meet the teachers and find out what we have been doing.  Mom and dad decided Mrs. V knows her stuff and I'm in good hands.  She was using all kinds of big words that mom and dad had to use a dictionary on when they got home.

The rest of the week passed pretty quietly but that was a good thing because I needed my rest for Saturday.
I had my first soccer game of the season.  We are still the Pink Jets and have our full team returning from last with two new additions.  The big change is that we are now on a bigger field, we keep a real score  and we have a goalie and have to play offensive and defensive positions.  We didn't play too bad but I think we need a few more practices to really get the feel of things.  We lost 3-0 but I came close to scoring twice.  I'm getting to be a kind of aggressive player which makes dad very proud.




Waiting for kick off




And we're off!







My very best friend Camryn is on my team this year (which creates all kind of problems in the paying attention to coach part of practice) and so after my game her family and ours headed out to lunch to celebrate the first game.  It was a quick lunch because then Camryn and I had to get ready for a birthday party that afternoon.  It was a "Rock Star" birthday and it was the most awesomest birthday party EVER!  I have not stopped talking about it.  We had to dress up like rock stars and then we got to give each other make overs.  We had crazy colors sprayed in our hair, sparkly eye shadow and lip gloss, I have multiple tatoos and I have spent the last two days rocking out on my key board singing mom songs about coconuts and swimming pools.
We all hit the hay early- it was an exhausting day for us.

Sunday, we slept in until 6:45, dad went for a bike ride, mom made muffins and cleaned the house and we spent the rest of the day relaxing, watching football and enjoying the last few days of warm weather.  It was a great day and we wrapped it up with family movie night on the couch.
Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: