Well, we made it. Dad finally, finally got home Wednesday night and we were so very happy to see him. I heard his car pull into the garage, I ran out and let out one of those squeals you only see in movies and gave him the biggest, longest hug ever. It's good to have the whole gang together again, even if it is only a gang of three.
We had work and school on Thursday but we all had Friday off so we had a Fall Family Fun Day Friday. We all slept in (except for dad who was up 3:30 because that is 8:30 Norway time), had a leisurely breakfast and then headed to the pumpkin patch and corn maze. It was a gorgeous day for it too- not like the rainy, sleety, freezing day we had the last time mom and I went.
This pumpkin patch is about the coolest patch we've ever seen. The pumpkins actually grew in this field and you picked them off the vine! Crazy! The only pumpkin patches we had in Arizona, the pumpkins were trucked in and put in the fields. The wonders never cease here in Colorado. We ran into my soccer coach and her girls so I got to hang out with them for awhile which made for even more fun.
We each picked our pumpkins and hauled them back to the front of the field and then headed out to the corn maze.
This time, since the weather was nice and we had dad who is navigator extraordinaire, we decided to do the big maze. We got a map and I was in charge but somehow, I got us hopelessly lost. Which is half the fun, yes? Dad took over and got us straightened out and we made it out alive. Mom was just following along, thanking her lucky stars she didn't do this maze with me and Cami last week.
After the corn maze, we picked our pumpkins up from daycare (cuuuuute!) and headed to Target.
Dad always brings me something when he goes on these long trips and this time, he got the Skylanders video game. I have been begging for the Skylanders for months and it was going to be my Christmas present. But, since dad was already up at the North Pole, he just picked it up early from Santa and brought it to me. There are a whole bunch of interchangeable characters and since my starter set only came with three characters, we had to make an emergency Target run to get more.
Dad and I spent the rest of the day playing Skylanders and now mom has one more thing to threaten me with if I don't behave.
Saturday was yet another rainy, cold day and my soccer game was canceled. That was perfectly fine with me because it was more time to play Skylanders!
Sunday was beautiful- warm and clear blue skies. Mom and I headed to church and ran some errands. Then because it was such a great day, she and dad forced me to the park so we could play outside and get some fresh air. I grudgingly admitted that I had fun, even if it wasn't Skylanders.
That afternoon, mom's college roommate and her family rolled in for the evening. They drove all the way from Indiana (with an excruciating drive through Kansas. Mom and her family did that drive once when mom was 13 and it was so bad and so boring that she still remembers it. We won't drive through Kansas) to go camping in the Rockies. We had a great time catching up and I introduced the boys to...........Skylanders! Hard to believe, huh?
The Shenks rolled out Monday morning and dad left for yet another trip (short one this time- only 3 days) so mom and I are on our own again. Uncle Adam, Aunt Erin and baby Sophia roll into town on Thursday and we are so very excited to see them!
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment