Sunday, November 04, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

Aaaaaahh, another good week in the books!
I had my final soccer practice of the season on Tuesday which I was very happy about.  I love practice once I'm there but I whine incessantly about having to go.  Mom is happy to be done with that battle for now.
Wednesday was, of course, Halloween!  It was a party from sun up to bedtime.  I got to wear my costume to school and we had our party and costume parade and then we got back to "learning", in the loosest sense of the word.
Dad got home nice and early so we got pumpkins out and lit, I got my pillow case ready and then mom and I headed out to my best friend's house for a night of candy gathering.





We had an awesome time- we finished off Cami's neighborhood and then headed over to another, even more awesome neighborhood.  It was like a scene out of the movies with a bazillion kids running around, houses decorated and just general happiness.  (That may have had something to do with a lot of the adults wandering around with beer and wine.  We love Colorado!)
Our favorite house was super scary but we kept going back for more so it couldn't have been that bad!


While we were out doing our thing, dad was extremely busy handing out candy at our house.  Mom and I bought four bags of candy and dad ran out.  He started going through my old candy and handing that out and then finally turned the lights out because he was tapped out.  Mom was a little worried that we were going to wake up and find toilet paper and eggs in our yard because we were "that house" that handed out crappy candy.  So far so good though.

The rest of the week was pretty quiet because I had to recover from my crazy night Wednesday.
Saturday, I had my soccer game and wonder of wonders, we won again!!  I had an assist ( which is a miracle itself in this league) and a goal.  We won't talk about the goal I gave up as goalie.  We ended up winning 3-1 and it was awesome.
Saturday night, mom and dad had a bunch of dad's co-worker friends over for dinner and to keep me from getting bored and causing problems, I got to have my friend Cami over to spend the night.  Everyone had a fabulous time!  While the adults were down stairs chatting and eating, Cami and I were firmly planted upstairs in mom and dad's room watching movies and eating our dinner.
What you can't see in the picture are the pizza boxes, candy wrappers and chocolate milk containers scattered all over the floor.  Like I said, it was  a fabulous evening!



Sunday morning, Cami and I hit the park and then she headed home.  We had our final soccer game in the afternoon and I was pretty much an exhausted wreck but we won!  Again!  No goals for me today because it was all I could do not to break down in tired tears every 2 minutes but I'm glad we ended our season on a happy note.

We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out at home.  Dad has started putting together our cabinets.  Mom was little worried when she heard the first curse word less than 5 minutes into the project but it has been smooth sailing since then.  The cabinets are all together and are just waiting to be hung.  Of course that involves emptying the current cabinets and ripping them down but that will be a piece of cake, yes?

Hope everyone has a great week and don't forget to vote!


No comments: