Sunday, August 12, 2007

Mom and me

We had a nice, fairly fun weekend this time around. Dad was in San Diego doing his track racing( he did pretty well for never having ridden before- came out on top in the 1 kilometer and finished second in another race) so mom and I were on our own.
Mom worked on Friday so I got to go to daycare which I love. She came to pick me up just as I dumped a huge bucket of sand on my wet, sweaty head. How much fun is that! She took me to Target looking like that and then we stopped at Boston Market so she wouldn't have to cook. The only thing I really got excited about there was the creamed spinach. That might be on par with the luscious cupcake. The rest- eehh- I've had better.
On Saturday, we headed out for our usual run by the river (still with water!) and ran into mom's old friend John, his wife Annette and their teeny, tiny 2 month old baby girl. She was kind of interesting. Being the super nice people that they are, they invited mom and I over for dinner because I'm sure they had nothing else on their plates what with a new baby and all. So, we went on our merry way with mom getting of cooking yet again. In the afternoon, mom took me to my first play. I'm thinking I need a few more months before that is of any interest. Mom included the only picture she could get of me as I sat still for about 5 minutes of the show. We ended of leaving early because apparently, you're not suppposed to talk to the actors while they are performing. After that we headed to John and Annettes for a super supper. They were very cool because, much to mom's chagrin, they let me have run of the house and John did his best to get me all riled up. So much fun!
On Sunday, Grandma Sue came over to babysit so mom and her friend Jen could go for a bike ride. It ended up being more flat tire changing and tire pumping than bike riding but still fun. (Good thing Jen knows how to change a flat because mom was useless!) Grandma and I had a great time and I kept her busy with swinging, blowing bubbles, chalk drawing. In the afternoon, we went for a nice swim as it is 108 here. We were humming along nicely when BAM! The power went out. AGAIN! This is the 3rd time in less than a month that it has gone for no apparent reason. It was out until 8:30. Let me tell you, 108 degrees and no power don't make for good combo. I really didn't notice but mom was in a tizzy. She was trying to channel my indifference but it didn't work to well. That about wraps it up for the weekend. We are just waiting on dad's triumphant return and hoping the power stays on! Sleep tight.

No comments: