Wednesday, August 15, 2007

New routines and new chores

I have my first official chore now. I have to collect the dogfood dishes and carry them to the laundry room (where we keep the dog food) and help fill them up. I carried one back and put it down but I got a little overzealous and threw the bowl down, spilling the food. It's OK though because Daisy will eat her food out of the mud if she has too. I think I need to work on my skills a bit before I earn my allowance.
My latest routine: I figured out pretty quick that I get to eat (my favorite pastime) my dinner when dad gets home. Now when I hear dad come in the door, I run to him, give him a kiss or a slap (as in a" high five" on his knee) and then run to my drawer where mom keeps my bib. I pull one out, wrap it around my neck, run to my chair and start rattling it around. If I don't get dinner lickety split, a tantrum insues. Mom and dad think it is all pretty cute except for the tantrum part but life can't all be fun and games!
I'm getting a few more teeth which explain the restless nights, snotty nose and massive drooling. They are the bigger teeth now so it still isn't much fun. Mom always feels bad that we young ones have to go through such misery and aren't able to tell anyone what is wrong. A few more years mom and then I'll be telling you everything you do wrong!

No comments: