Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mom's Kind of Weekend

We had a fabulous weekend here and it involved all of mom's favorite things- food, family and friends.
Friday we got a really big thunderstorm that cooled things off around here and put everyone in a better mood.  That night, Jesse came over to babysit (which I loved!) and mom and dad went out to dinner with our neighbors.  Jesse and I got to dine on mac-n-cheese while mom and dad had delicious Mexican food.
On Saturday, it was my friend Madeline's 3rd birthday.  Her parents had a big party with 12 of us aged 3 and under.  There were meltdowns galore and chocolate cupcakes and pink frosting everywhere.  I had a great time shoving chips and cake in my mouth!  I also think I got Madeline the coolest present.  Everyone else got her pink, princessy things but I picked out a really great "action car".  You press buttons on top and it will go forward and come back to you!  I also picked a birthday card with monster trucks on it but mom wouldn't let me get it for her because it said "birthday boy".  I don't think Madeline liked my present all that much but all the dads in attendance "ooooh'd and aaaah'd" over it, so I think it was good!
We had a really relaxing Sunday morning and then headed over to Janet and Eric's house for brunch, swimming and fun.


We had a great lunch with quiche, tamales, fruit salad, coffee cake and croissants.  I didn't really eat because I was to focused on the slide and diving board anxiously awaiting me.  Mom and dad both really liked it too.
I went down a few times with dad, just to get the feel of it but then, yeah buddy, I was on my own!  We soooo need one of these at our house!
I also really, really liked the diving board and was able to catch some major air.  Maybe I can get one of these for Christmas if I'm really good.
Here are dad and Eric.  They are a little confused as to what time of year it is but obviously having a good time.
We came home and were just not in the mood to do much else productive for the day.  It was a "life is good" kind of weekend!

No comments: