We had a very nice, relaxing weekend with a lot of heat and a little family fun. We spent a lot of time in the pool again because it is still soooo hot and no hint of rain.
On Saturday, our cousin Ramsey came down for the night. She is a physical therapy student doing one of her internships up in Phoenix. She decided it was time to get out of the heat and come to where it is cool (relatively) for a bit. She and mom headed out to a cooking demonstration at a local restaurant. They learned to make (and eat) Pea Dumplings ( waaay better than it sounds), Rib-eye with oregano vinaigrette and Butterscotch Pots de Creme with Chocolate Brownies and Marshmallows. They kind of rolled home. They managed to squeezed themselves into bathing suits and we all went swimming.
Mom has decided to keep Ramsey around because she got me to eat all my vegetables and brush my teeth really, really good AND she read me my bedtime stories. She was such a great sport. Lucky for mom and dad, Ramsey is an early to bed girl also so everyone was in bed, asleep by 9.
In the morning, we took her out to breakfast and then she was on her way back. We hope we weren't to boring but.....
We spent the rest of Sunday in the pool and in the air-conditioning.
One more thing- in spite of all the 'tude I'm giving mom and dad this weekend, I can still make them sooo happy. On Friday, as mom and I were pulling into the parking lot at work, I said to her "When I get big, I'm going to work at the hospital with you. That way I can be your friend. It's good to have friends at work, mom!" Aaaaaawww!
No comments:
Post a Comment