Sunday, November 08, 2009

A New Addiction

Another weekend come and gone. Deep sigh. Things move so fast these days! At least we had another good couple of days.
On Friday, we hurried home from school/work, loaded up Tippy the Trailer and headed out to Molino Basin for the night. It was great! Mom really, really loves Tippy and we now have about 2000 photos in our album to prove it.


It was warm enough and we had enough daylight when we got there that we were able to get a game of softball (not as easy as it sounds with only 3 of us!) and a game of Old Maid.
Mom and dad were able to enjoy their cocktail hour as well sitting at our picnic table.
Dad got the grill going for us, so I had my own little cocktail appetizers consisting of mini-oreos while we waited. I wasn't so very hungry when dinner finally hit my plate.
I did manage to find room for s'mores though. You should always try to make room for S'mores. Mostly, I just licked the marshmallow off but still very good!
We finally hit the hay about 8:30 and didn't need to use heat either. The only thing that kept us up was the motorcycles racing up and down the highway, but I guess you should expect that when camping in the great outdoors.
I had everyone up bright and early. 5 AM to be exact. I wanted to make sure everyone saw the sunrise, which was quite spectacular. We had delicious hot cocoa- again outside because it was so nice and warm. Then we headed out for a little hike before packing up and heading home.
We spent most of Saturday recovering from lack of sleep and just resting at the house.
On Sunday, Grandma Sue came over to play with me while dad went for a bike ride and mom went for a nice hike. Grandma and I had a great time and played just about everywhere in the house we could.
Mom had to head out for the afternoon to help organize for the Children's Museum Fun Brunch next weekend so dad and I hung out. We walked to the video store and then to the gelato store . We came home and watched movies and waited for mom to re-join the fam.
We will see you Wednesday and post some pretty sunset/sunrise pictures!

No comments: