Hidee-ho everyone! Here is our weekend summary. It was lots of fun!
Friday was mom and dad's 5th year wedding anniversary. (Can you believe it's been 5 years already?!) Even though they had decided "no presents", dad surprised mom with one. She has been wanting plain, white dinnerware FOREVER- at least as long as they've known each other. Well, dad took matters into his own hands and surprised mom with..... white dinnerware! Mom just loves it and is now planning their next dinner party. That night, Ms. Casey, one of my teachers at school, came over to babysit and mom and dad headed out for the evening. Initially, they had plans for a big fancy dinner out but decided at the last minute to go to one of their favorite hamburger places. They finished dinner about 6:15 and realized they absolutely, positively could not go home yet but didn't know what to do with themselves. They ended up at another restaurant for a glass of wine and desert but were still home by 8. I'm a little disappointed in them. They had a really nice time though.
I had everyone up at 5:30 AM on Saturday. Mom and I went to the park in the morning while dad got a ride in.
In the afternoon, Grandpa Vern and Grandma Sue picked dad and I up and we all went bowling. I had such a great time!
On Sunday, we had our annual Fun Brunch fundraiser for the Tucson Children's Museum. This is what mom has spent the last 3 Sundays planning for. It turned out really, really well! It was a sports theme this year and we had the University of Arizona swim team, soccer team, cheerleaders, the pep band and Wilbur and Wilma Wildcat.
I absolutely loved everything there but my favorite was the jumping castle. It was huge and packed with kids. Mom was afraid for my life but I held my own (with a teeny bit of help from some bigger kids) and made it through the jumping castle maze about 15 times. It was TONS of fun!
Once I decided I needed a break from that, I headed over to the putting green and made a few hole-in-ones. I also bowled a little, played some soccer, watched the pep band and gave Wilbur and Wilma about a bazillion hugs each. I was finally dragged out about 1:30. It was a great day!
We came home and I think mom and dad were hoping I would crash out for a few hours but when that didn't work, they just put in a movie for me, so they could rest instead!
I hit the hay about 6:30 and was glad to! See you Wednesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment