We sort of got ourselves adjusted to being back at work/school after being off for a week. It was kind of a difficult transition since dad had to work late every night and mom had budget meetings all week. These kinds of weeks make retirement look pretty enticing! Lucky for us, it was another short week though.
Nana flew into town on Thursday afternoon so mom and dad could head out for their second annual "Grown Up Christmas Shopping Weekend". I think it is a little bit easier to do marathon shopping trips when I'm not tagging along. Not that they don't love shopping with me, but since I insist on picking up EVERYTHING I see and I insist on examining EVERYTHING I see, I tend to slow things down a bit. Mom and dad came back loaded up with stuff, so they must be close to done with the whole shopping thing. ( Dad is because he's a planner, mom still needs another couple a months to get it all wrapped up. But to be fair, dad's birthday is 3 days before Christmas, so she is doing double work. So there.)
Nana and I had a great time and really enjoyed to beautiful weather too. I spent Thursday night riding my bike and Nana spent Thursday chasing me around on my bike. On Friday, we slept in and then headed out to the park so I could show Nana my new swinging skills. Then she surprised me and took me to the grilled cheese place for lunch and ice cream after. That night, we went up to the fancy mall for the "snow fall". It is kind of weird because the snow only falls at the fancy mall on Friday and Saturday nights at 6 and 6:45- and it isn't even cold. I'm thinking the mall owners must be pretty important to get a deal like that! We got home and I collapsed into bed.
We slept in a little on Saturday too but had to hussle in the morning so we could get to my school for the breakfast with Santa. I had a great time introducing Nana to all my friends and showing her around my classroom. I sat on Santa's lap and told him that I wanted dinosaurs for Christmas. He told me he likes dinosaurs too so I think I'm golden- you know, having something in common with the man in red himself!
Mom and dad got home around noon on Saturday and we spent the rest of the day decorating for Christmas. Dad and I went and got the tree and mom and Nana did some of the more "delicate" decorating. The house looks really festive now and I LOVE our tree!
On Sunday, mom and Nana left for the airport before I was even awake. We mom got home, we headed out to do some yardwork. It was another amazingly beautiful day. When dad got home, he and I tried our hand at making a gingerbread house from scratch. Definitely not as easy as it looks. The walls only fell down a few times and the roof only caved in once but once we got it standing, it looks great! Orange frosting and blue sprinkles are really quite festive and more importantly, it tastes great! I'll post pictures soon.
We have a full week coming up, so off to bed we go!
No comments:
Post a Comment