Monday, December 27, 2010

Quite the Week!

Sorry we are a day late in posting- mom and I just got so into the holiday spirit that we needed to take a day to catch our breath!  We have had a fabulous Christmas season so far.  
Dad has been off work since December 19th and he and I made the most of his first week off.  On Monday, it was warm enough that we got to have a Daddy/Daughter camp out with Mr. Mike and Madeline.  Both of the moms were left behind and let me tell you, they were VEEERY disappointed.  I think my mom spent the evening eating pizza and ice cream and watching chick flicks.  Rumor has it that Madeline's mom did about the same thing.  Sounds kind of boring to me.  Anyhooo.
I knew it was going to be a good adventure when the first thing we saw was a big old tarantula crawling around our campsite!  Ooh aah!





 Madeline and I spent plenty of time goofing around and eating really healthy food.  You can tell when the moms didn't come camping because there wasn't a veggie in sight, unless you count the corn in our Doritos and Trix cereal.  I think I had this bag for dinner and it was great!

 We spent some time hiking around and found a trail out the edge of the cliff where we got to see some rock climbers.  Loved it!  We pretty much wore ourselves out and headed off to bed around 7 but not before we got to see the moon rise.

True to form, I was up before the sun and we got to see an amazing sunrise and enjoy another healthy meal.






After a fabulous trip, I got home with just enough time to take a bath before Grandpa Vern and Grandma Sue came to pick me up for a movie and lunch- without mom and dad!  We went to my favorite grilled cheese place and then went to see Tangled.  I loved it and was so good for Grandpa and Grandma.  Most importantly though, we also made a stop at the toy store.  ( I know, mom and dad couldn't believe it either, so close to Christmas!)  I talked my way into a huge box of dinosaurs because this box had dinosaur eggs and  I don't have dinosaur eggs yet.  Life is good ain't it?

On Wednesday, we helped dad celebrate his birthday.  We made him steak and brussels sprouts with chocolate lava cakes for desert.  It was quite the manly meal and we all loved it.  Dad got the shop vac he requested and spent the rest of the week looking for things to vacuum.  Our fire pit and garage look great!

On Thursday, the Christmas fun started.  Mom spent all day in the kitchen, making and decorating 4 different kinds of cookies, baking banana bread, getting dinner ready etc.  Nana D and Mr. Walker rolled in around 2 and then we headed out to Winterhaven.  This is a neighborhood in Tucson that has been decorating for at least 40 years and the displays are pretty amazing.  There was even Tucson's version of the Dancing Waters from the Bellagio in Vegas.  Maybe not quite as extravagant but still cool.  We also found Santa's naughty and nice list.  If you look closely, you'll see that Uncle Adam and I are on the naughty list and if you look even harder, you will see that mom made the nice list. ( I think if you click on the picture, it will enlarge so you can really see mom's name)  Hmmppff- I wonder how that happened??!





On Christmas eve, it was more time in the kitchen for mom and Nana, finishing up cookies, so Mr. Walker and I headed to the park for some swing time.  It the afternoon, we all headed to church, where I took a nice long, much needed nap.


When we got home, I cracked open the hot chocolate and mom uncorked the wine bottle and we all put our feet up while dad whipped up some delicious green chile stew.  So finally, after putting out Santa's cookies and milk and reminding everyone to be very quiet so I could listen for reindeer.  I swear I saw them before I went to sleep.

So here is the crazy thing.  Dad had to wake me up on Christmas morning.  Everyone was up and wandering around with nothing to do, waiting for me to get up.  Finally, around 7:30, dad got me up and I was still a little slow out of the gate.  Once I got warmed up though- it was all good.  I asked Santa for Dinosaurs and he delivered.  I got this awesome remote controlled dino,

these awesome dino shoes, that light up and make velociraptor tracks and a Boris the tyrannosaurus, that talks and roars.

Dad also got me some rockets that he built (with a little under the breath cursing) and I decorated.  We then marched to the park and got to launch them over and over.  It was so cool!


We headed back home and enjoyed a relaxing evening at home by the fire pit.  It was a fabulous day!


Nana D and Mr. Walker had to head out on Sunday and we spent the day trying to adjust to not much going on.  It has been a crazy, busy holiday season but we thoroughly enjoyed it.  I got to make use of my new snuggie and watch a movie.

We are looking at a low keyed week ( and maybe snow in Tucson!)  Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a safe New Year!

1 comment:

jhs said...

Great pictures! Looks like a wonderful Christmas!