Sunday, March 18, 2012

Coming out of the Woodwork!

Yes, we missed blogging last week.  We experienced our first daylight savings time in 20 years and it got us all discombobulated!  It was nice and sunny and the next thing we know, it's 8:00 at night and time for bed!
We did have a good day though because it was warm enough that we could spend some quality time outside, so we took advantage and headed up to Dinosaur Ridge.  It is a prehistoric site with actual, real and for true dinosaur bones (the sign says so!) and dinosaur footprints.  Plus it was beautiful scenery too!










When we got home from that, dad finally got around to planting his birthday present- a Colorado spruce.  It is the state tree and dad had been wanting a real pine tree.  It looked a lot bigger in the container but hopefully we will be in this house long enough to see it grow.


Now, onto this week.  It was gorgeous!  Mid 70's and sunny all week.  Very un-Colorado like for March but we aren't complaining!  Because our house backs up onto a park/open space, we have been having fun watch all the pasty white people show up for some much needed Vitamin D.  The park is packed with kite flyers, soccer players, baseball, dogs, frisbees.  Kind of fun!
 I had my first soccer practice of the year of the year on Tuesday and it's amazing the difference a year makes!  I was so amped up and ready to go, I could hardly wait.  It might have had something to do with my awesome new soccer cleats.  They practically glow in the dark.
The team I joined has 3 other girls from my kindergarten class on it so I had no fear going in.  I knew exactly what to do and I actually did a pretty good job too.  As usual, I'm a big talker about how awesome I am but we'll see when it comes to game time.  My first game is this Saturday, so I'll let you know how it goes.




 This is Daisy dog, enjoying the spring time temperatures.


This is mom enjoying the spring time temperatures as well.


The rest of the week passed pretty quickly.  We did have a good Friday night though in that we found a new favorite restaurant.  It is close to home, is local, is a pizzeria AND has 50 different micro brews on tap.  Mom, of all people, is very excited about beer these days so this place should keep us busy for awhile!

Mom had to work on Saturday. (She decided she may need to find yet another new job after she had to drive 100 miles round trip to see one patient.  She ended up about an hour from Cheyenne, Wyoming.  Not cool!)  Anyway, while she was out earning a living, Dad got brave and took me and my friend Cameron to Chuck E Cheese for the afternoon.  Cam and I had a ball and wore dad out but it was all good fun!

On Sunday, we headed to the Wildlife Museum where they had a really cool interactive rain forest exhibit with trees to climb, spider webs to crawl through and monkey's to swing with.


We ended our day with a little Monster Truck on the Wii and then off to bed.  Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments: