I barely made it to the front door of my school before I decided I needed to go home. So as everyone was happily running into school with their new backpacks, saying "hi" to old friends, I was heading back to the car and back home for my first day of school. Mom had full load of patients and dad can work from home, so he got the call and dad and I spent the day quietly on the couch.
Dad had to head out of town again on Tuesday and thankfully, I felt much better. I insisted on wearing the same outfit as the day before since technically, it was still my first day of school. We also got another really great "first day of school" picture. Mom especially loves the well written school sign. Believe or not, Heritage is one of the best schools in the area. Which may not being saying a whole lot...
My first day went really well and I loved catching up with all my friends. Of course, I was a basket case that night and mom had me in bed by 7:15 Tuesday and Wednesday both. It made for a relaxing evening for her!
Dad got back into town late, late Wednesday night and we laid low until Friday when we dragged ourselves back to Dave and Buster's. They have a ginormous Scooby Doo stuffed animal that I am dying to get. He costs 8000 tickets (really) and I have patiently saved and saved and we now have 5000 tickets so mom and dad are hoping one more really long night at D&B and I'll have the damn Scooby and we can stop going there. Mom is very proud at how well I've been saving and staying focused on the end prize though.
Saturday was quiet again as I was still recovering a bit but Saturday night, we headed over to some friend's house for a bar-b-que. There were about 8 of us kids running around like crazy, the adults were deep into the margarita pitcher and a great time was had by all. Dad decided it was time to go when he found me passed out asleep at the bottom of the stairs.
Sunday was spent recovering from Saturday. It was a beautiful day and after my 2 hour nap, we rode our bikes to the park and played for awhile before coming home and hitting the hay early.
Hope everyone has a fabulous week! P.S. Only 13 days 'til mom's birthday. Not that she's counting.
No comments:
Post a Comment