Well, here we are in the home stretch of summer vacation. I have one more week of freedom and then it is back to school for me. I'm kind of ready, kind of excited but I won't admit it!
Mom has been working four longer days and taking one day off a week so we could spend some quality time together. This week, we went to the Wildlife Museum on Wednesday and saw a photo exhibit on ants which grossed mom out but I thought was pretty cool. There was also a camping exhibit with a photo op of the Grand Canyon. I look like I'm really kayaking, huh?
Wednesday night, dad's work had a company party at a place called The Islands. It is a huge indoor beach volleyball place and we had a darn good time considering it was a work event. They had tons of things for kids to do from sand castle building, to treasure hunting to hula hooping to my favorite, face painting.
I waited for 45 minutes and boy was it worth the wait! I looked awesome and it was quite the battle to get me in the shower that night. I spent a huge amount of time staring at myself in the mirror and took no less than 20 pictures of myself with the camera. I know what I'm going to be for Halloween now!
The rest of the week was pretty quiet but on Saturday we drove up to Evergreen to meet our old neighbors Patrick and Nicole for lunch. They are STILL on vacation (mom is so very jealous of their 3 week vaca!) and believe it or not, wanted to hang out with us one last time. We met them at a really great little restaurant right on Bear Creek and got patio seating overlooking the creek. It was like a mini-vacation for us. It also happened to be the Dam Ducky Drop fundraiser for a children's hospice here in Denver. You buy a little yellow ducky, it gets dropped into the creek upstream and whichever one crosses the finish line first, wins. We amused ourselves during lunch watching the thousands of duckies float downstream, get caught in eddies and stuck on logs. It kept me occupied and that was a good thing.
After lunch, we went down and played in the creek for awhile and then headed on home. Everyone was tired and we slept hard that night!
Sunday was a quiet day. We spent the morning lounging around and watching the Olympics. I have been practicing my hand stands and cartwheels and have decided that my path to a gold metal is to be the girl that yells at the rowers to "stroke! stroke! stroke!"
We went shopping for some back to school clothes in the afternoon and spent some time at the park. All in all a good week. Hope everyone has a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment