Sunday, December 09, 2007

Big Girl Bed

So here is how it happened. Friday morning we were all just hanging out having a lazy morning, I was bouncing around in my crib like normal, mom was at my dresser picking out my clothes and the next thing we know, I did an endo over the railing of my crib. Thankfully, I landed on my back and not my head. It scared the $%#@ out of me and mom but I didn't hurt anything except my pride. Dad immediately got to work converting my bed to the "big girl" mode and I haven't looked back. I LOOOOOVE my new bed- it is so easy to get in and out of (but I stay in it for nap time and bed time- aren't I good?!). Mom is a little sad but has to admit that it is much easier to change the sheets now. I guess that is something, huh?
Anyway, back to the weekend. On Thursday night, we met Papa Vern for pizza and then went to the zoo for the Zoo Lights. The whole zoo was decked out in Christmas lights and was really pretty. I spent most of the time running around and yelling "RUNNING RUNNING,MAMA". On Friday, our morning started out as above. Mom left for work and dad and I tried to go Christmas shopping but I wasn't really in the mood. I made it really difficult for dad with lots of yelling and squirming so he gave up and we went to the park and flew my kite. There was quite a bit of wind so that was very fun and I did a great job flying it by myself.
Saturday was another rainy,cold day but we went to my daycare to try the Santa thing again. He made a special visit for all of us and we even got breakfast. It went a little better but only because I was full of pancakes and sausage. Saturday night, we went to mom's church with dinner for a group of homeless veteran's that the church sponsors every winter. I was too busy "RUNNING,RUNNING" to pay much attention to anyone or anything. I kind of got in the way alot but I had fun.
Sunday was a day of getting things done around the house. I helped with the laundry, decorating the Christmas tree and with plumbing our firepit for gas. I think that was the most fun and I know dad really needed the extra pair of hands.
Have a good week! Oh, yeah- I put in a picture of the river by our house. We have had so much rain the past few days that it was flowing almost bank to bank again. Mom and dad think most of the water is coming from our firepit. We are still having some drainage issues but mom and dad think they have a plan- we'll see.



No comments: