We left for Albuq a day earlier than originally planned but that was a good thing because dad didn't have to drive on his birthday and I got to hang out with Nana and Mr. a little longer. Saturday was dad's birthday and he got to celebrate with a solo trip to REI (an outdoor equipment store) to spend his birthday money. In the afternoon, we made a trip to the Children's museum which is the coolest place ever! I got to play with bubbles, make water dance, build a dam, play records, build a water maze and watch mom ride a bicycle on a tightwire. Too much fun!
On Sunday, we spent most of the day inside, waiting for it to get above freezing outside. It was so cold the whole time we were there. When we finally did venture out it was to go to the "River of Lights" down at the botanical gardens. It was so pretty and soooo cold. Everyone wanted me to stay in the stroller but it was to cold and I wanted to go RUNNING RUNNING. So, I won and spent most of the night getting in the way and just generally making trouble.
Monday was Christmas Eve and I helped Nana make cookies. We went to church that night which made mom a little nervous. She stopped taking me to church months ago when I started walking and developing my own will. Anyway, Nana was smart and sat us near the cry room. I spent the first half of church in the cry room with mom and the second half RUNNING RUNNING with dad in the back of the church. It was a very fun evening for me.
On Christmas day, I slept in until about 7 but when I woke up- WOW- all kinds of presents waiting for me! I'm still not entirely sure what's going on but I had a great time opening all my presents and playing with them. I lost focus a few times but mom and dad redirected me pretty well.
We left on Wednesday morning and came home expecting it to be warm but it was cold here too! Blech! Mom is ready to move to Ecuador to get warm. The best thing about coming home was the rest of my Christmas presents were waiting for me. I got a JUMPING CASTLE! How cool is that! Now I can jump in my bed AND my castle!
I spent Thursday recovering from the nasty cold I caught at the Children's museum. Mom and I spent most of the afternoon in the rocking chair trying to sleep.
The rest of the week has been pretty quiet so not much else to report. I'm sure our New Year's Eve will be a crazy time so be sure to check back on Thursday. Everyone celebrate safely!
No comments:
Post a Comment