Holy Cats Batman- did I have a fabulous weekend! We spent the week with U. Tim, A. Dana and cousins Brooke and Faith in Dallas. It was such a great trip. We knew it was going to be good when mom and I were accosted by the nicest Mary Kay Makeup lady ever in the bathroom at the airport. Mom thought we weren't going to get out without buying some lipstick or something. Later, we saw the same nice lady offering to help an elderly lady with her suitcase. It wasn't helping her cross the street but it was close! We also decided that Dallas is the land of perfectly coiffed, perfectly make-uped, pretty dress and heels for grocery shopping moms. And then there was us. But we digress.
On Thursday, we all drove to downtown Dallas and went to the very cool aquarium, where not only did they have fish but they had monkeys (lots of different kinds) and birds too.
On Friday, we were supposed to go to the splashpark but it was closed because of some bacteria scare. So, on the absolute hottest, most humid day of the entire century, we went to the park. Mom's hair got curly and every one's wrinkles were gone. Us girls were going strong but the grown-ups couldn't handle it and made us leave. We went to the mall which was actually very fun because there was a big carousel and some ice-skating there. We did ride the carousel but didn't ice-skate. That night, mom and dad sent U. Tim and A. Dana out for a date night then managed to get the 3 of us fed, bathed and almost down for bed before they got back. Mom and dad were tiiiiiired!
Saturday...let me just tell you about Saturday. It started out as a typical day- oatmeal, run around screaming, a few diaper changes, etc. Next thing I know, we are at the Wiggles concert!!! OH MY LORDY. I just didn't know what to do with myself. I was in such awe of finally meeting my favorite people that I just sat, slack-jawed on mom's lap for the ENTIRE concert. Brooke more than made up for my lack of physical activity by never stopping jumping the whole concert. It was so fun and even the adults had a good time. I would highly recommend a Wiggles concert in case any parents are reading this.
We had to come home on Sunday and we were sad to see the week end. I had such a fun time with my cousins and I KNOW the adults had a great time with us as well. I mean really, who wouldn't!
No comments:
Post a Comment