On Saturday, our friends Joe and Amy invited us up to their cabin on Mt. Lemmon for the day. It was such a fabulously beautiful fall day. Amy is 4 months pregnant with their first baby so I tried to be extra good so as not to scare them too much. I think I did OK but mom and dad may have put the fear of God in them with scary Jordan stories. Not that there are too many of those.
We had lunch and then went for a really long hike. I hiked (literally-through rocks, up and down hills etc.) for AN HOUR. No kidding! Mom and dad were so proud of me and I really loved it. Mom really loved the fact that I hiked for an hour but our hike lasted an hour and a half and she got to carry me back for the last half hour. It was even better that I completely zonked out- dead weight is great!
We got home in time to get cleaned up and Grandma Sue came over to babysit so mom and dad could go out to celebrate their anniversary. They went back to their reception site for dinner and talked about how easy life was back then. I don't understand.
Sunday was pretty quiet. I went to the hardware store with dad. Speaking of scary Jordan stories... Mom has been telling dad about my new game of bolting off at top speed in the opposite direction especially when mom has her hands full. I don't think he quite believed her until today when I ran away while he was trying to pay the hardware store lady. I'm pretty fast and dad had to work to catch me. I think he believes mom now.
Mom and I are heading back to Cleveland on Thursday all by ourselves. Mom is getting more and more stressed out. She has spent about a bazillion dollars on stuff to keep me entertained on the plane- sadly for her, they don't make jumping castles for airplanes cause that is what is going to take. Fun, Fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment