Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Dad is Faster Than Your Dad!


We had a pretty busy weekend with lots of fun stuff.  On Friday night, we went out to dinner to celebrate the holidays with all of dad's camping friends and their significant others.  Someone got smart and rented us a whole room at a Mexican restaurant , so I had plenty of room to run around and play.  Going out is so much more fun when I don't have to sit still!  I filled up on tortilla chips and milk so yet another delicious taquito plate didn't get eaten.  Mom and dad had a good time because there were so many more people to help keep me out of trouble.  They were actually able to have an adult conversation for a few minutes.  I don't think that sounds like too much fun but then I'm 2.
On Saturday, dad was up and out the door by 3:30 to ride in the El Tour de Tucson.  He rode the whole thing, 109 miles and finished an awesome 121st out of 4000.  His finishing time was 4 hours and 38 minutes.  He rocked!  He did this in spite of being stopped by a train, crashing then having to ride with bent handle bars and bent derailleur and then facing a big head wind the last 30 miles.  He even said he had energy to spare at the end.  GREAT JOB DAD!!!!
Personally, I think mom did even better.  She had the hugely important job of handing dad his new water bottles at the halfway point.  This is the most important job ever (well, that is what dad says) and if it didn't go smoothly, dad would have to quit the race and mom would have to leave the state.  Fortunately, mom did great and dad got his new water.  That is probably the real reason behind his spectacular finish.  You know what they, "Behind every great bicycle racer is an even better water bottle hander offer!"
Sunday was a beautiful day of hanging out at home enjoying our backyard and playing with the dogs.  Great weekend!

No comments: