Another quiet week in the ol' Goedel house. That is great for us but doesn't make for very exciting reading for all of my blog fans. I was home sick again on Tuesday. Dad was in Dallas for work, so mom and I had a girls night out to celebrate Valentine's Day. Mom should have known something was up when I only ate one bite of my grilled cheese and didn't really drink any lemonade. Sure enough, 3:30 in the AM, mom was pulling pukey sheets off my bed and I had a nice little temp of 102. She was positive I was starting down the flu road, especially when I threw up again at 4:30. So after making all the necessary phone calls to cancel patients, notify day care etc., we went back to sleep. I woke up at 7 AM feeling pretty danged good! Fever- gone, upset tummy-gone! So, we got a free day! Woo-hoo! We spent in wisely, doing homework, laundry, cleaning and watching movies. It turned out to be a really nice day and mom thinks all work weeks should be 4 days.
It was back to the real world on Wednesday but we survived.
We had a very low keyed Saturday with house cleaning and yard work before the weather turned yucky and windy and cold on us.
Saturday night, we had another fun Goedel family reunion. Grandpa Vern's cousin Frank was in town from Florida and no one had seen him for years. All of the Aunts, uncles and a few cousins were there including Maggie and Ashley, so I had someone to cause all kinds of trouble with. Luckily, the restaurant we were at gave us our own room, so the moms were not on high alert with us.
Sunday ended up being cold and windy and rainy, so it was a good day to hang out at home again. My big adventure for the day was walking the dogs with mom. (Which with me, it truly is an adventure- I stop everywhere, pick up every single rock, walk on every curb, talk to strangers, talk to the dogs, talk to mom, pick up more rocks etc., etc.) and then dad and I went to the park for a bit.
Mom had to run some errands but came home with a special treat for us for dessert. She found a cupcake store and brought home 3 of these beauties.
I was a little overwhelmed by the height of the cupcake and just stared at it. I didn't eat the dang thing. Not one bite. Mom and dad offered to "save it for tomorrow" for me which is code for "we will just eat it after you go to bed because you will forget all about it by tomorrow and we can't let a huge chocolate cupcake go unappreciated". Although, as dad said, "It didn't pass the kid test, how good could it be?".
We have a short work week- Dad is heading up to Las Vegas for a 3 day bike race and Nana D is coming in to visit on Thursday. Mom thought it would be really nice to have a girls weekend but that is just code for "I get waaaay tired taking care of Jordan all by myself for 4 days, so it would be great if someone else were here so I could go to the bathroom by myself just once." Either way, it will be fun!
See you next Sunday!
1 comment:
Leah- she is so gorgeous! Seriously!!
Post a Comment