We are in a much better mood around here- probably because the thermometer is finally above 65 degrees! We had a really nice and relaxing week and mom and I had a nice, relaxing girl's weekend.
Dad's racing season officially started this weekend with the Valley of the Sun stage race. He drove up to Phoenix on Friday to race in a time trial and then again drove up to Phoenix on Saturday for a 72 mile road race. He had quite a respectable showing in the time trial, coming in 28th out of 70. That's actually very good considering time trials are his least favorite activity on the planet, except for maybe yardwork. On Saturday's road race, he came in 14th. This was his best start to the racing season yet so we are expecting great things from him this year.
While dad was toodling around on his bike, mom and I got some good bonding time in. On Friday night, we met mom's friend from work, Ms. Sarah, to go to dinner at a nice (kind of grown up) place and then we went to see the Tucson Youth Theater's production of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Both of Ms. Sarah's girls were in it- one was an Oompa Loompa and the other one was a squirrel. I got to meet them after the show and it was waaaay cool because they were both still in costume. I had a great time and was singing the Oompa Loompa song the whole way home. Mom loved it.
Since we were out kind of late Friday, I actually slept in on Saturday. We saw dad off for his race and then mom and I packed up and headed out for a hike. It was a gorgeous, gorgeous day with super-duper blue skies, a breeze and 75 degree temps- perfect!
We decided to do the 7 Falls hike and it was perfect because there were two water crossings which I loved!
We hiked in about a mile and stopped to have lunch by the creek and hang out on the rocks for awhile.
On the way out, it was warm enough that we got to play in first stream crossing. I took off my socks and waded in. It was cold but so fun!
We stayed for about 2 hours until I tripped and fell in up to my neck and got a little chilly after that.
On Sunday, I slept in again, mom went for a run and dad did a "recovery" ride. We spent the rest of the day baking up cookies and brownies for Valentine's treats for my teachers. Grandma Sue came over so mom and dad could go out to dinner that night and that pretty much rounded out our weekend.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment