Sunday, April 24, 2011

Misery Loves Company

Disclaimer:  I take no responsibility for spelling errors or incoherent sentences- mom is writing this whacked out on cold medicine.  It hasn't been a fun few days around here.
Dad finally got over his illness and is back to almost normal but I came down with whatever he had and stayed home from school with mom on Thursday with a fever and a snotty nose.  
Dad came home from work early and kind of saved the day for us though.  We have to sell our canoe (bet you didn't even know we owned one, huh?  Mom and dad bought while they were dating but it has been "in storage" in our side yard for the last five years) because it will cost us more to ship it than it is worth.  Dad wanted to make sure it was still sea worthy so he put it in the pool and we all went for a ride around the water.  Good times at the Goedel house!





I was better by Friday which was a good thing because I had my Easter party at school with an egg hunt, snacks and my very own Easter basket.  Mom and dad both had the day off and spent it relaxing and enjoying the peace and quiet- the calm before the moving storm.  They picked me up from school and we went out to dinner with some of dad's work friends for the kickoff of our goodbyes.  (It's coming up really fast now!)  We went to El Charro, where mom and dad had their rehearsal dinner for their wedding.  We go there a lot but it could be our last time so it was extra fun.
We came home and everyone crashed into bed early- I was starting to feel better and mom was starting her downward slide.
On Saturday, I had my tennis lessons in the morning and had a much better time of it and then in the afternoon, my friend Elizabeth came over to play for a few hours.  It was another early bedtime for us mainly because the Easter Bunny was coming!

Mom woke up feeling really, really crappy Sunday and it didn't get much better.  We skipped church which made the whole day feel a little mixed up.  
I did get my Easter basket, complete with a  "How to Train Your Dragon" tub of dragons and Cheetos.





Then we headed out to hunt for Easter eggs- dad says he saw the bunny hop over the wall just before I woke up, so it was a very exciting morning for me!



After hunting all the eggs down, we decided to head to the park and enjoy the cool morning and work on my bike riding skills.  Dad took my training wheels off and we tried to figure out this whole riding thing.  I didn't do to bad but I kept getting distracted by the pretty rocks I saw and then by the bleachers which were just crying out to be climbed.  That actually turned out to be a good break for mom and dad because they are old and mom was sick!


I didn't quite master it so we will back again.
After the park, we came home and mom took a nap and dad and I watched a movie.  The we ate lunch, mom took another nap and dad and I went swimming.
Grandma Sue and Grandpa Vern came over for dinner but didn't stay to long because mom needed another nap.  Like I said, it was a rough day.
Anyway, off to bed and I'm sure we will all be perky and ready to go tomorrow!  Have a good week!

No comments: