Yes, I realize I promised not to go two weeks between posts but it has been an exciting 2 weeks for us so without further ado.....
We had our first measurable snow fall (and the first one of my life) on October 26th. I went to bed with the ground and the sky clear and woke up to snow! Mom and dad snuck into my room, woke me up and made me look out the window. Holy Cats! There really is such a thing as snow! I hustled down stairs got into my snow gear and headed outside (without even stopping at the bathroom first!). So very cool! We were hoping for a snow day but didn't even get a delay so I guess this probably doesn't count as much of a storm.
At this point mom wasn't a big fan of the snow thing (but that may have had something to do with the yucky cold she had) however, the next day we woke up to this:
And mom decided maybe winter in Colorado isn't so awful. There was no snow on the streets, clear blue skies- just beautiful.
After we recovered from that, dad and I headed out to Dallas to visit Uncle Tim, Aunt Dana, Brooke, Faith, Grandpa Vern and Grandma Sue. We had a great time checking out their new house, watching Brooke play soccer and trick or treating at the fancy mall. It was a great warm up for the real thing!
While we were having a great family reunion, mom was home holding down the fort and getting her winter clothes shopping done. She got some sweaters, gloves and boots and feels more ready to face the winter onslaught.
Dad and I got back on Sunday and I was exhausted- always a sign of a good time and we were all in bed early.
The next day was Halloween and it was one big party from start to finish. I wore my costume to school and when I got home, mom asked what I learned at school. I told "NOTHING!" We decorated pumpkins and cookies, ate candy, had a parade and ran around the entire day! I wish school could be like this everyday!
As soon as I walked in the front door after school, I got to work carving my other pumpkins.
When it was time for trick or treating, we met up with my entire block of friends and there ended up being a motley crew of 15 kids running around together.
Mom's favorite part of the night (besides gossiping with the other moms) was watching the looks on the faces of the people answering the door and seeing 15 of us standing there. Classic! We didn't make out of our little neighborhood and I came home with the hugest bag of candy. I have more than I can eat in a year even after mom and dad cleaned out my peanut stuff.
Dad left bright and early Tuesday morning so he missed our next big snow storm and this one was kind of a doozy. It was another evening of going to bed with not much going on and waking up to this:
And the best part- it was my first snow day!! I'm only in kindergarten and I grew up in Tucson and I already completely and totally grasp the meaning of a snow day. I was so very excited to not have to go to school! But can you believe mom had me shoveling snow at 6 in the morning?!! Mom and I spent the day watching Scooby Doo movies, eating chocolate chip cookies, drinking hot cocoa. The dogs finally ventured out (because mom wouldn't let them do their business on the carpet no matter how much they hated the snow). Daisy actually seemed to like it, but Haile couldn't get back inside fast enough.
Mom and I finally made it outside about noon and had a great time (if you consider shoveling the driveway a great time!)
The best part about this storm, it was cleared out by 4 in the afternoon. This is a picture of me standing next to a ruler I stuck in the ground- almost 12". And guess what? It is all melted already! Perfect!
We recovered from that snow storm and spent this weekend really quietly. We ran a bunch of errands on Saturday and went swimming on Sunday and are wrapping up the weekend watching The Wizard of Oz.
Hope everyone has a wonderful (and warm) week!
No comments:
Post a Comment