Another decent weekend in the Goedel household. Mom and I headed out to the Gem and Mineral Show on Friday. It is supposed to be the biggest show in the US (the world?) and vendors from all over the world come with the minerals and gemstones and jewelry. They take over all the hotels and sell stuff right out of the rooms. It is like the United Nations here in February. Anyway, I really like the sparkly stuff and I know the vendors loved me banging on their display cases and leaving my snotty fingerprints on the glass. After that, we went to the park and had a picnic since it was almost 80 degrees. Aaahh, paradise!
On Saturday, Dad and I went to see Grandma Sue and then went up to Tiffany to get mom's Valentine's day present. He picked out a really pretty silver necklace and I got her a heart mobile from the paper store next door. Again, I loved the shiny stuff and you know the sales staff at Tiffany loved my fingerprints! Since dad absolutely can't keep a secret, we gave her our presents early- she was very excited when she saw the pretty blue box and even more excited when she saw the necklace. Dad and I have fabulous taste!
That night, we went Mom's office manager's house. She is from Mexico and made us all homemade tamales, enchiladas, beans, rice and tortillas. Her husband makes a mean margarits too.(not that I would know!) I did really well, although I'm in a "stranger danger" phase and really only wanted mom and dad. The only other person I would go to was Diana (the office manager) because she had on a shiny shirt and she let me play with her shiny jewelry. I can't wait until I can eat real food- I desperately wanted a bite of that tamale!
On Sunday, we all laid low. I'm getting over my latest cold and mom is starting round two of hers. We are heading to Dallas on Thursday to see Uncle Tim, Aunt Dana and cousins Brooke and Faith. We will see how many germs we can take with us.
On the motor developement side, I'm learning how to cruise. I'm still kind of unsure about the whole thing but I can see where this would be adventageous. I'm also able to stand and hold on with only one hand and pull mom's laundry out of the basket with my other hand. So much to do, so little time! Keep warm this week everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment