Sunday, February 25, 2007

Fun with Nana



Where do I start?! So many things happened this weekend. Probably the best is that Nana D came to visit. Woo-hoo! Mom and dad both had to work on Friday so Nana and I got to spend the whole day together and then Nana kicked mom and dad out of the house for a "date night" that night, so we got the evening to ourselves too. We had so much fun and Nana thinks I was such a good kid. We couldn't really go anywhere because it was cloudy, windy and rainy but she introduced me to the joys of an empty oatmeal carton. Good stuff until our dog Daisy got hold of it and chewed it up. Oh well, plenty more where that came from. Nana never stays long enough though. She left Saturday afternoon, she says to give mom and dad more of their weekend. She apparently doesn't understand that they have more of a weekend when she is here as they take full advantage of "nana time"!

Sunday's weather ended up being a lot warmer, so mom and dad took me to the park to play on the swings. I really like them now and I also like to play in the wood chips on the ground. Pretty interesting stuff if you ever stop to really look. We got back from the playground and mom gave me a bath which I really like also. The part I HATE is the diaper putting on after, so I made my great escape into the kitchen before she got that far. The floor is a little cold, so I try to stay on my hands and feet, instead of my hands and knees. It isn't as fast so mom caught me pretty quick. She said something about blackmail pictures for prom. What does she mean?!

I've learned a few new things over the past few days. I really like helping with the laundry now. I help mom and dad do theirs and mine and I help Miss Julie at daycare first thing in the morning. I mainly help get the clothes out of the hamper and spread them on the floor so it is easier for everyone to sort out. The other more fun thing I've learned is how to give kisses. They are a little sloppy but mom and dad sure love getting them!


No comments: