Sorry for the delay in posting. Mom was in San Francisco this weekend with her college roommate eating their way from one end to the other. She was having trouble getting out of the chair and waddling over to the computer. More on that later.
I got to spend a really fun weekend with dad. That seems to be a running theme these days, doesn't it? Mom hasn't been around a whole lot the last month. Thursday and Friday were pretty basic with just a trip to Target with dad on Friday night. He knows all the hot spots! On Saturday, we braved the heat and the crowds and went to the zoo. The animals were pretty lazy but I had fun none the less. After that, we went down to the university area for lunch. Then, we went to the bike shop for some gear for a race on Sunday. Everyone wanted to register me to ride but I think there was an age limit or something. Maybe next year. It was a long day considering I had dad up at 4:30 in the morning. It was just for old times sake since I hadn't done that since I was 4 months old. Lucky dad.
On Sunday, dad had a bike race so Grandma Sue came over early,early. 5AM early. Eeegads! Thanks grandma! She took me for a wagon ride and we played alot. Good times! Dad came home and we did the grocery shopping and the anxiously awaited mom's arrival. I was pretty non-chalant about it when she came home. I didn't really miss her all that much. I had dad and besides, it keeps her on her toes.
Mom's weekend really did involve eating her way from one end of the city to the other. On Friday, she and Heidi did a walking culinary tour of North Beach which is the Italian district. They had coffee, truffles, foccacia, biscotti, sour dough bread, eclairs, olive oil tasting and cured ham tastings. That was all in the morning and then they had lunch and dinner. On Saturday, the spent 4 hours at the most amazing farmer's market. It was beautiful- mom and Heidi both bought the juciest, freshest peaches, blueberries and cherries along with several bottles of olive oil. That afternoon, they went to a wine festival. With no kids (Heidi has 4) and no driving to worry about, they had an exceptionally good time. The wine wasn't great but it sounds like that wasnt' much of a hindrance. Heidi won a 1/2 case of wine that they had to lug all the way back to the hotel- at least 20 miles!
That was their excuse for eating so much, this trip involved a whole lot of walking up and down a whole lot of hills. It was a very fun weekend. Hope everyone has a good week!

I got to spend a really fun weekend with dad. That seems to be a running theme these days, doesn't it? Mom hasn't been around a whole lot the last month. Thursday and Friday were pretty basic with just a trip to Target with dad on Friday night. He knows all the hot spots! On Saturday, we braved the heat and the crowds and went to the zoo. The animals were pretty lazy but I had fun none the less. After that, we went down to the university area for lunch. Then, we went to the bike shop for some gear for a race on Sunday. Everyone wanted to register me to ride but I think there was an age limit or something. Maybe next year. It was a long day considering I had dad up at 4:30 in the morning. It was just for old times sake since I hadn't done that since I was 4 months old. Lucky dad.
On Sunday, dad had a bike race so Grandma Sue came over early,early. 5AM early. Eeegads! Thanks grandma! She took me for a wagon ride and we played alot. Good times! Dad came home and we did the grocery shopping and the anxiously awaited mom's arrival. I was pretty non-chalant about it when she came home. I didn't really miss her all that much. I had dad and besides, it keeps her on her toes.
Mom's weekend really did involve eating her way from one end of the city to the other. On Friday, she and Heidi did a walking culinary tour of North Beach which is the Italian district. They had coffee, truffles, foccacia, biscotti, sour dough bread, eclairs, olive oil tasting and cured ham tastings. That was all in the morning and then they had lunch and dinner. On Saturday, the spent 4 hours at the most amazing farmer's market. It was beautiful- mom and Heidi both bought the juciest, freshest peaches, blueberries and cherries along with several bottles of olive oil. That afternoon, they went to a wine festival. With no kids (Heidi has 4) and no driving to worry about, they had an exceptionally good time. The wine wasn't great but it sounds like that wasnt' much of a hindrance. Heidi won a 1/2 case of wine that they had to lug all the way back to the hotel- at least 20 miles!
That was their excuse for eating so much, this trip involved a whole lot of walking up and down a whole lot of hills. It was a very fun weekend. Hope everyone has a good week!
1 comment:
Jordan- sounds like you and Dad can handle things quite well by yourselves. Maybe that means that your Mom can go on all sorts of weekend get-aways whenever she feels like it! (BTW- Leah...we are so jealous! That sounds like a perfect weekend trip!)
Post a Comment