Sunday, October 18, 2009

Trailers, French Food and Charity work

This was quite the busy weekend for us and that was a good thing. Mom and dad both had the Friday off but somehow I still ended up in school, but that's OK. I think it was for a good reason.

Dad drove up to Phoenix to pick up the latest addition to our toy collection- our new Aliner popup camping trailer. It is so very cool and so easy and we can't wait to take it out camping.
It has air-conditioning, heat, 3 beds, a table, stove and fridge. Everything you need when you are roughing it. This is probably mom and dad's first step toward the retirement RV. We celebrated by cranking up the trailer air conditioning, cracking open a beer (water for me) and hanging out in our trailer in our driveway for awhile. My parents are the COOLEST! (Not really, but they are all I got- deep sigh)
Mom spent her day off getting ready for a "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" party. She made soupe a l'oignon (onion soup) and boeuf bourguignon (beef stew with red wine, with bacon onions and mushrooms) and spent most of the day in the kitchen but the end results were so worth it!
Her friend Christina brought haritcots verts a la provencale (green beans with tomatoes, garlic and herbs) and gratin jurassien (scalloped potatoes with heavy cream and cheese) and Amy brought la tarte des demoiselles tatin (upside down apple tart). Everything was absolutely amazing. Julia Child knows a thing or two about food. I didn't partake in any of the goodness the adults had. I had gourmet mac-n-cheese and that was just fine with me. It was a great night with lots of good food and good friends.
On Sunday, I actually slept in until 6:30 (maybe because I have a little cold- not swine flu though!) but everyone is still tired. Mom spent the morning at Amy's house organizing the auction items for the Children's Museum Fun Brunch coming up in a few weeks. She got home and dad headed out to a silent auction/fundraiser put on by a local bike team for the Lance Armstrong foundation. I got left behind most of the day but that ended up being a good thing since I'm not feeling great. Off to bed early for me- see you Wednesday!

No comments: