Holy Ding Dang Dong! We had a busy weekend but it was so much fun!
Mom's fun started on Thursday when she met some girl friends for shopping and dinner. Dad and I hung out at home and dined on mac-n-cheese and hot dogs. I think we had the better meal.
On Friday night, we met up with dad's camping friends for dinner at El Charro. I was amazingly well behaved and dad's friends challenged themselves by trying to name all of my Hotwheels that I brought. Mr. Joe did the best, naming 5 of the 8. I was so amazingly well behaved in spite of being quite tired.
On Saturday, dad headed up to the top of Mt. Lemmon on his bike while mom and I started on Easter preparations. First, we had to decorate the bunny cake. I was in charge of the coconut. I had to color it and sprinkle it on and then I had to put the jelly beans in place. It was a big responsibility but I think I did a great job!
Mom and dad got me up at O'dark thirty to go to 7:15 mass but that was OK too because the Easter Bunny left me the hugest Easter basket ever. I got about a bazillion more Hotwheels, some plastic lizards and frogs, Cheetos and a chocolate bunny AND I got to eat his ears before church!
After church, mom and I headed to the park for a little sunshine while dad headed up the mountain again.

Magically, the Easter Bunny came again while we were out! He left more eggs all over the yard and I headed out to find them. That Bunny is pretty clever!
Mom then got to work in the kitchen, cooking a special Korean dinner for Grandma Sue's birthday.
She made white radish Kimchee, dumpling soup, chicken and vegetables with chilli sauce, braised beef strips with soy and ginger, white radish namul, cucumber namul, spinach namul and soya beansprout namul. With the exception of the Kimchee which was waaaay to salty, everything else turned out delicious. Even the rice turned out just like it was supposed to. Mom is even more impressed with Grandma Sue's cooking now that she knows how much work it is. I liked the beef strips the best- I'm turning into quite the steak eating girl.
We had fabulous weather and were able to eat our dinner outside on the patio and had a wonderful, relaxing afternoon. Happy Birthday Grandma!
No comments:
Post a Comment