Sunday, April 25, 2010

It' Fair Time!

Howdy folks! Hope all is well is your neck of the woods. We are doing quite well here, thank you! Dad's tooth is feeling better and I slept in until 5:40 on Saturday and Sunday! Our cold snap seems to be over for now which is good because we don't want to wear any more long sleeve shirts!

Onto our weekend. On Friday night, Ms. Colleen came over to babysit so mom and dad could go out to dinner with a whole bunch of their friends. A good time was had by all.
We had our usual start to Saturday with running for mom, biking for dad and pancakes for me.
When dad got back for riding, we headed out to the county fair. It was a great day for it- just a little on the cool side but sunny, sunny, sunny!
Our first stop was in one of the expo buildings and wouldn't you know it, it was full of cars!


The first car I came to looked just like Lizzie from the Cars movie, then I found Doc and even Ramon. I didn't think it could get much better until....
I found the sand pit with the front loaders and dump trucks! Good lord! Fairs are like little heavens on earth! Once mom and dad tore me away from the car barn, I actually found the rest of the fair pretty interesting too.
We saw all kinds of livestock. Mom pretended to know what she was saying when it came to the cows but she ended up calling everything a Brown Swiss- even when it was beef cow. (Some of you will understand that better than others!) After wandering through the cows, pigs, goats and chickens, we headed to the midway for rides.
Mom and I rode the Ferris Wheel together and that was awesome! I loved being that high and seeing all that I could see. After that, I hopped on the roller coaster all by myself and finally, I got to ride on the race car ride. That was way fun but I was sure pooped after all that- I fell asleep before we even pulled out of the parking lot.
Sunday was little bit of a let down compared to Saturday. Mom and I walked down to the bagel place for breakfast and then to the park. We spent a long time there enjoying the nice day. We headed to Target in the afternoon and spent the rest of the day getting our camper ready for Dad's bike race this coming weekend in Silver City.
Off to bed early for me! See you Wednesday!

No comments: