Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My Budget

We bid dad a brief farewell on Tuesday morning as he headed off to Silver City, NM for the Tour of the Gila bike race. This is a TOUGH race with some big names riding in it including Lance Armstrong and Floyd Landis. Today dad rode 80 miles and they were definitely not flat miles. He didn't to bad considering he was still feeling rotten from the antibiotics he is on. Tomorrow is another 80 miles ( with predicted 40-50 mile an hour winds) then Friday is a time trial, Saturday is a criterion and Sunday another 80 miles. We are driving out on Saturday to spend the night and cheer him on. GO DADDY-O!

I am now getting an allowance. It is kind of dad's fault because he spoils me and buys me stuff all the time. So now, every time he leaves the house, I ask him to buy me something. Whenever we go to a store, I ask him to buy me something. I guess I was getting a little annoying so now I get an allowance of 1 dollar a week for doing my chores. I had a whole 2 dollars when I hit Target on Sunday. Mom and dad are going to try and teach me about saving money etc. but I wasn't interested in that on Sunday. I headed straight for the hotwheels and bought myself 2! Now I am anxiously awaiting my next dollar so I can buy something else. Let the consuming begin!
Have a great rest of the week and send good thoughts to dad!

No comments: