Monday, June 21, 2010

Uncle Adam and Aunt Erin Get Married! (Happy Father's Day!)

Wow! We are 3/4 of the way through our weekends of fun! This weekend was extra special because not only was it Father's Day (Happy Day Dad and Mr. Walker!) but it was Uncle Adam and Aunt Erin's wedding weekend. We did it up right too!
We headed out at our usual crack of dawn on Friday. Even though I went to bed late I was raring to go at 4:30AM. I woke up all by myself- not because I was excited about the road trip but because mom promised me pop tarts for our car breakfast. I LOVES ma' pop tarts!
Anyway, we rolled into Albuquerque about 1 in the afternoon. Mom was expecting a respite from the Tucson heat only to discover that it was 100 degrees at Nana's house too.

Since Nana and Mr. Walker aren't lucky enough to have a pool, we got to run through the sprinklers instead. Amazingly enough, I only lasted about 10 minutes before I was too cold to do much more. It was just what we needed though. We relaxed the rest of the day and Uncle Adam and Aunt Erin came up for dinner that night. A. Erin did her best to get me all riled up so it was quite the let down when I actually had to sit still and eat.

On Saturday, we headed up to Adam and Erin's new house in the mountains. It is such a great house and mom is more than a little jealous. She just can't help but think that it must be like going to your vacation home everyday. They have a nice big lot that borders national forest on one side, with lots of pine trees. Rumor has it they even have BEARS! I went hunting for bears after lunch but only found their dogs. Maybe next time.

Saturday night, we met Erin's parents for a pre-wedding dinner. It was a little rough for me because I was rudely awaken from my way-to-short nap to go into the restaurant. I was in no mood to be social or to be nice. Thankfully, dad had his trusty iphone for some movie watching and then all the cottonwood trees started losing their cotton. I was able to spend the rest of the evening chasing cotton and putting into my handy zip-lock baggie. That kind of saved the night.
Sunday was Father's Day and we did our best to make the dad's feel special but it is hard to compete with a wedding. Mr. Walker and dad got to go out for a nice long mountain bike ride and then mom, dad and I headed down to the Natural History Museum. I had a ball there! So many dinosaurs, volcanos, bugs and planets! Everything a girl could want!
We got home and got changed for the wedding and headed out. It was about an hour and a half to get there and I needed every minute of that. I fell asleep before we were out of the driveway and slept the entire way. It made the wedding much more pleasant for everyone.
I had the distinct honor of being the flower girl.
Nana made me a special basket for the flowers and mom helped me put the rose petals into it. ( A side note, I got a rubber snake and some squishy lizards at the museum gift shop and insisted on carrying those in the basket along with the rose petals.) Mom spent some time talking to me about my job and I was convinced it would be a piece of cake.
However, I got up there and I was sooooo embarassed! I managed to throw out 2 petals, the whole time saying "maaa-ma, ma-maaa". I took a quick left and headed up the side, leaving poor Aunt Erin petal-less. I did recover a bit on the recession when I just dumped out my whole basket, petals, lizards and all on the aisle. It may be awhile before I'm asked to do that again.


Other than that, the ceremony went off without a hitch and was just beautiful. Erin was gorgeous and U. Adam looked very handsome- he cleans up well. The wedding was at a small bed and breakfast outside of Santa Fe and the views were amazing- not that I cared- but the grown-ups were impressed. We are so happy Auntie Erin is officially part of the family and can't wait for her to join us in all our craziness! We give you all our love and support as you start this adventure!

No comments: