Sunday, June 27, 2010

Another Fantabulous Weekend!

This was the last of our "every weekend out of town for the past 4 weekends" weekend and it was a really good one! We had a very short week at school/work because we didn't get back from Uncle Adam and Aunt Erin's fun wedding weekend until Monday and then we went camping Friday morning.
We headed up to Mt. Graham for the weekend with my friend Madeline and her mom and dad, Ms. Audrey and Mr. Mike. It was 107 on Friday but up where we were it was 75- ooh, aah!
We finally got on the road about noon and made it to our campsite around 3.
It was kind of a rough ride because the road was very curvy and even me, who spends 80 percent of my day spinning in circles, got a little nauseous.


Once we got there though, it was all worth it. The adults wasted no time breaking out the grown-up beverages.



And Madeline and I wasted no time in getting our willies out and exploring our campsites. We found all kinds of stuff including holes in the ground, holes in trees and SPIDERS!! We had a really awesome set up because we got two sites that were next to each other so Madeline and I spent every waking moment (literally) running between the two sites. We had a great dinner and even better s'mores and called it a night.


I, of course, was the first one up on Saturday morning (at a respectable 5AM after a bed time of 9:30) so I played with my dinosaurs among a grove of aspens (mom was more impressed than I was).


Then, because I was having trouble sitting still, we went for a walk around the practically deserted camp ground. We discovered that we were actually quite the daring campers as we spent the night kind of near a "Killer Tree". We don't know what it killed and it was very nice to us, so we just let it be.
Once everyone FINALLY got up (the days a'wastin' people!), we had breakfast and the dad's headed out for a mountain bike ride. Apparently it was quite the challenge but so pretty that they didn't even notice! When they got back, we all headed up to Riggs Lake for some fishing. This was Madeline's and my first time fishing and we had a ball! We both got really good at casting our lines and equally good at tangling our lines in anything that was around us. But as dad pointed out, no one ended up with a hook in the face so it was a successful day.



The only one of us that caught anything was Mr. Mike and that was quite the experience. Madeline and I were impressed and a little grossed out by the whole thing and it is probably a good thing that we didn't catch anything. We spent a good 3 hours at the lake before packing it in and coming back to camp. We just kind of laid low at our respective sites. Madeline, Ms. Audrey and Mr. Mike all took naps but I would have none of that nonsense. I got mom and dad involved in a rousing game of War, then Go Fish and finally Crazy Eights.
Once everyone rested and woke up, Madeline and I grabbed our fishing poles and spent the rest of the night (except when we were eating more s'mores) practicing casting our lines. I cannot wait to go fishing again!
We packed up and headed home on Sunday even though we all felt like staying for another week. It is still very hot here in Tucson and the first thing we did when we got home was jump in the pool- so it wasn't a terrible end to the weekend.
I hope you all have a fabulous week!

No comments: