Another quiet weekend but we had lots 'o fun. Our week was a little sad because Wishy, our Beta fish that we had for 2 years died on Wednesday. (As a side note, dead fish don't float. They sink.) I was very sad. "Dead? Wishy is Dead? Just throw him in the trash and we'll get a new one tomorrow. Can I have my desert?" Very sad, indeed. We had a nice little funeral for him in the bathroom and got on with our lives.
We made a quick recovery. On Friday, we all went to see Toy Story 3 and then I had my very first ever Happy Meal. Unfortunately, it is the first time I've eaten an entire meal in a long time. Mom is hoping this isn't the start of a trend for me.
On Saturday, we did our daily AM swim. It was nice and humid so the pool felt great. Our grapes are also ready for picking. We are having to fight off the birds for them but I think we have enough to share.
In the afternoon, we went out looking for a real bed for me. Finally- I'm still in my toddler bed but my feet are sticking out from the ends. I spent most of the time running from one end of the store to the other, climbing on all the furniture, up on the bunk beds etc. I was kind of out of control. Anyway, in spite of all that, I set my sights on a bed I really wanted. It was pink with a purple, sparkly canopy- it was a "princess bed" and I really wanted a "princess bed". I don't think I'm getting that one but mom promised to make whatever bed I ended up with a "princess bed". We'll see.
On Sunday, my friend Madeline and her parents came over for a day swimming and eating.
It was a very nice, relaxing, hot day. Madeline and I had a great time driving the dogs crazy, driving the parents crazy and cleaning the doors and door knobs. We did a great job and mom almost brought out the vacuum cleaner for us!
Hope everyone has a fabulous week and stays nice and cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment