Hi All! And happy 4th of July! We have had a very relaxing weekend at home- our first in quite awhile. It was also the first week that we have had to work/go to school for 5 days in a row- that made this weekend that much better! It was a pretty quiet week for us. I gave mom and dad a bit of a shock though. I got up both Tuesday and Wednesday and not only did I want to wear a dress but I wanted to accessorize with a necklace. I also picked out Barbie and Hello Kitty band-aids at Target but then dad pointed out the Hotwheel band-aids, so I got those instead. Mom and dad are starting to think that maybe I am a girl!
Saturday was a "get the house back into working order day". We spent the morning doing yard work. Mom and I are a great team when it comes to sweeping up all the mesquite leaves in the yard. Dad let me skim all the stuff out of the pool with the REALLY long skimmer. He spent a lot of time ducking out of the way of the handle. I was a big help. We spent the rest of the morning in the pool. In the afternoon, we did the Target, Lowe's circuit to re-load on household stuff we ran out of. All in all, a very domestic kind of day.
Sunday was much more fun. Mom and I spent the morning making ice cream (cinnamon vanilla- delicious!) and caramel sauce. Then, we met Madeline and her mom and dad for an afternoon at the circus! It was a lot like a Vegas show right here in Tucson- not that I know anything about Vegas- with really cool costumes and shows. Mom's favorite part was the 9 motorcycles riding around in a tiny steel ball. That was my favorite part too and the coolest thing was when the riders took their helmets off and one was a girl!
After the circus, all of us headed up to Ms. Janet and Mr. Eric's house for a 4th of July barbecue. Ms. Janet's house is the one with the slide and diving board I loved from last summer. It was even better this year because I'm a little older and a little more fearless. That slide and I became fast friends and I wore myself out. I did manage to stay awake for fireworks which didn't end until 9:30. I was tuckered out but I told mom and dad as we were driving home, "This was a really nice day!" and it was!
We have one more "stay home day" and it's looking like we will be parked on the couch watching movies and the tour de France. It's another nice day!
No comments:
Post a Comment