Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Soccer Star is Born... Maybe...

Let's see. What have I been up to this week? I had two more soccer practices on Tuesday and Thursday and they went much better. All of us girls are getting more comfortable and starting to give Coach Bill a run for his money. The coach's daughter is on our team and we spent the first 10 minutes of Thursday's practice hiding from him, until the moms stepped in. Coach Bill does a good job making us "toe the line" though.
On Thursday night, dad surprised me by telling me I didn't have to go to school on Friday. We got to have a special Daddy- Daughter day! I was waaay excited about that and was up at 5 AM to get us started. Once mom left for work, dad and I headed out to the "Good Egg" and I had a HUGE plate of pancakes and I stole one of dad's sausages too. I was kind of an eating machine. After that, we took a trip to the camper store and to Costco. I was pretty worn out and actually took a nap in the afternoon, which I never do at home. It was a good thing I did too because our old neighbors, Patrick and Nicole, were back in town for the Wildcat football game. We all went out to dinner and had a great time catching up.

Saturday was a great day because it was my very first soccer game! Shelby's mom made a really cool banner for us and Dani-Jo's mom brought really good snacks. We were a little intimidated by our opponents at first. We played the Purple Flames and they had a really fancy, professional made sign AND they all had matching hair ribbons. Dani-Jo's mom is on the hair ribbons for next game.




I did pretty good actually. It took me a little while to get the hang of things and I spent the first quarter running around in circles with no real plan. Dad called me over between quarters and told me to steal the ball and kick it in the net and score a goal just for him. So I did. And then I did it again. And one more time (but I only got an assist on the last one). I played 3 quarters and it was pretty danged hot, so by the last few minutes I was just wandering around the field killing time. I had a great time though and can't wait to play again next week!


(This is me scoring my second goal)
After my soccer game, we headed straight to my friend Elizabeth's birthday party. It was so very fun. We swam, planted plants, climbed on jungle gyms and ate cake. You can't ask for a better time!

On Sunday, dad had a bike race and was up at the crack of dawn. I was up with him much to mom's dismay. I wandered into her room about 4:55 AM and we got the day started. We headed out to church and then went to my friend Madeline's house for a little while. Dad was home by the time we got back and we spent the rest of the day lounging around and enjoying our Sunday. I had such a great weekend that I cried and cried at bedtime because I was so sad the weekend was over. That's a good sign right!
We are thinking lots and lots about Nana D and Mr. Walker. They left for Africa on Saturday and will be hiking Mt. Kilaminjaro and then going on a safari. We can't wait to hear all about it when they get back on October 7!

No comments: