Hidy, Ho everyone- another week has flown by.
I did alright in soccer and scored another goal on Tuesday, so that was fun. Our soccer nights are always a little stressful because we get home late, have to eat dinner, and get to bed at a decent hour. Nothing new for a lot of my readers, I'm sure but it's a new challenge for us. We'll figure it out soon- we haven't resorted to eating out on soccer nights yet, so that's a good thing!
On Friday, we did our usual dinner and gelato and then we went to the park to practice my soccer skills a bit. I'm really pretty good if I'm the only one on the field. I can run the entire length of the field and score, multiple times. Mom and dad couldn't keep up with me- it was great!
On Saturday, we had to be at the soccer fields by 7:15AM because I had team pictures and then a game at 8:30. Coach Bill and the parents tried really hard to keep us girls settled and rested between pictures and game time but there was just to much fun to be had. By the time the game started, it was already HOT and we were a very tired team. I had to play 3 quarters and spent the last two walking around the wrong end of the field, not even pretending to play. It was a little pathetic but I'm sure I'll rebound in time for our game on Tuesday.
Once we got home from the game, I recovered pretty quickly in the air conditioning. Mom and I put on a dancing/singing show for dad in the living room. I had a stage and I decorated the theater with my dinosaurs and then I invited dad. I charged him 5 dollars (which he thought was quite a deal) and he watched the whole thing.
On Sunday, we were up at O'Dark thirty to go to Dad's bike race. We always like this race and it was a beautiful morning for a drive.

After dropping Dad off at the bottom of the mountain, mom and I drove to the top of the mountain to wait. It was close to 95 degrees at the bottom and about 55 degree at the top. We were just a bit chilly!

We headed out for a nature hike but I was scared of bears so we turned around early and headed up to our look out point to wait for dad. I had the very important job of ringing the cow bell for all the riders as the crossed the finish line. It was great fun! Dad finished in an impressive 1 hours and 47 minutes. His best time yet on Mt. Graham.
We didn't stick around for long on the top because we were all freezing- we piled back into the car and headed back down to warm country.
We spent the rest of the day resting up and getting ready for the week.
An update on Mr. Walker and Nana D. They are supposed to be summiting Mt. Kilimanjaro today. We got a text message that said "Doing well. Hard as hell. Need a bath and a cold beer." Just a few more days- hang in there!
No comments:
Post a Comment