Sunday, November 14, 2010

Kind of a quiet weekend.

Let's see....what have we been up to??  It got coooooold here all of the sudden.  We've been down to almost freezing every night since Tuesday.  Mom even dragged the big winter coats out of the closets.  It has been a nice change of pace though...

In other big news, I FINALLY have learned how to swing all by myself!  Mom and dad came to pick me up from school on Friday and couldn't find me.  Mom glanced over at the swings and saw someone swinging but didn't pay any attention because I can't swing.  Turns out it WAS me!!  I was swinging so very high, I thought I could hit the tree branches with my feet!   Ms. Barbara said I had been swinging non-stop for 2 days and was putting all the boys to shame.  Woo-hoo!  This is such a relief for mom and dad because when we go to the park, I make them push me for hours and hours.  Dad's back usually hurts and mom's hand goes numb by the time they are done pushing me.
Once they finally dragged me off the swings, we headed out to dinner.  I very nicely agreed to someplace other than the grilled cheese place, only because I was promised tortilla chips.  We came home from dinner and snuggled into a warm bed to watch a movie.  It was a nice night!

I had a soccer game on Saturday morning.  We had to play Princess Power- they have a mean coach and some rough and tumble girls.  I think we won but more importantly, I kind of, actually played soccer instead of just picking flowers.  I got into the mix of it (sometimes) and kicked the ball, in the right direction no less!  After the soccer game, we went to the park just so mom and dad could be sure my swinging wasn't a fluke.  It wasn't.
We got home in time to see Grandpa Vern and spend some more time outside.  Grandma Sue came over that night so mom and dad could head out and celebrate their anniversary.  I happily sent them on their way and they enjoyed a relaxing dinner and headed out for desert after.  All was well until they got a call from Grandma Sue.  I was coughing like a seal and wheezing pretty good.  It looks like our sick season has started.  Mom and dad finally called the pediatrician at 11:30 at night because I was scaring them pretty good.  I'm thinking that breathing is pretty important.  Anyway, turns out I have croup and that's how we ended up sitting on the porch in 30 degree weather, looking at the amazing sky, filled with stars.  We even saw a shooting star which was pretty cool.  Mom inaugurated my trundle bed ( I have desperately wanted someone to sleep in my trundle bed ever since I got it, so even though I was sick, I was pretty excited about that prospect!) and found it to be fairly comfortable.  So, aside from waking up every hour to make sure I was alive, she slept pretty good.
Needless to say, Sunday was just a barrel full of monkeys!  I spent all day on the couch watching movies and watching football with dad.  Even with all of the fun going on, I got in a good nap too.  I hit the hay early and everyone is hoping for a better day tomorrow.  Mom and dad are comparing work schedules and playing Rock, Paper, Scissors- just in case though.

No comments: