Sunday, October 16, 2011

We had kind of a hum drum week with a few high points.  It was kind of a recovery week after our Balloon Fiesta weekend.
On Monday, mom went to my first Parent/Teacher conference.  She was quite shocked to discover that I'm "right where I should be".  Mom and dad don't understand how that is possible since they were convinced that I am a genius.  They figured that since Ms. Mckellar has 25 kids in her class, she can't possibly recognized greatness when she sees it.  Oh well, at least she didn't say I was behind.

Mom in all her zeal to be more involved with my life, has signed up to be my Girl Scout leader.  She had her first "leaders meeting" on Wednesday and is already overwhelmed.  The good thing (or maybe not) is that her co-leader is about as overwhelmed as she is.  They should make a great team!

We have started our hunt for our "real" house this week.  While we love our neighborhood and my school, we really aren't the renting types and can't wait to get into our own house.  On Tuesday,  we checked out a huge 6 bedroom house for a super low price.  Thankfully, we didn't love it because it was a short sale and would have about killed mom and dad having to wait for the deal to maybe or maybe not close.  On Thursday, we checked out another house and it turned out to be "the one".  Mom and dad don't piddle around when it comes to making ginormous purchases.  They figured the price was right and it had most of what we wanted, so why waste our time looking at anything else?!  Our offer was accepted on Friday night.  Woo-pee!! It has a 3 car garage so we have a place for our beloved trailer, a kind of big backyard, it backs onto open space so our neighbors can't spy on us and best of all, it has the doggy doors already built in!  The best part is we are about 6 houses down from a huge park with bike paths connecting a regional part and on of the recreation centers.  We couldn't ask for a better location and can't wait to get moving!

I stayed home sick from school on Friday.  It shouldn't have been a big deal because I really didn't have school and was going to day camp.  I was devastated because we were going to see "A Dolphin Tale" and now I couldn't go:(.  Things weren't so bad though because I felt well enough in the afternoon that mom and I went shopping for Halloween decorations.  We had a great time decorating the outside of the house.

On Saturday, mom had to work (which she really enjoyed- traffic is worse on Saturdays than the rest of the week!) and dad saved my day by taking me to see Dolphin Tale.  I didn't catch much of it because I was wandering around the theater through most of it but what I saw was good.  Maybe my attention span has something to do with my mediocre parent/teacher conference.

Sunday was a pretty quite day.  The weather was beautiful but a bit chilly, so we headed out for an afternoon bike ride to enjoy the sun and the amazing fall colors. Mom has always thought spring in the desert couldn't be beat, but fall in Colorado is giving it a run for its money!  She just about gets into car accidents everyday because she is so busy oogling all the beautiful colors.  These pictures don't really do it justice!
We rode to the park and played some tag and then rode to another park.  I'm getting really, really good on my bike- mom can almost watch me ride now!








So I guess in review, it wasn't such a hum drum week after all.  Dad is headed back to Washington DC this week for work, so mom and I are holding down the fort for the week.  I think it is supposed to get cold this week (finally) so we have tomato soup on the menu!  I can't wait!  Have a great week!

No comments: