Ahhhh- what a blissfully relaxing weekend! Too bad Monday is tomorrow and too bad we didn't get to play the lottery because surely, we would not be getting ready for work tomorrow if we had!
Our week got off to a bit of a rough start- a little on the chilly side and then on Tuesday, mom came down with some stomach virus and was up most of the night. She managed to drag herself through work on Wednesday and started to rally Wednesday night, just in time for dad to come down with the stomach thing. Thankfully, we were all mostly recovered by Friday because mom AND dad took the day off so we had an awesome family fun day! It was my spring break and the parental units were feeling a little guilty about me having to go to camp all week and not getting to sleep in. I wasn't complaining much though because I had a great time at camp. On Tuesday, they brought in a whole bunch of snakes and lizards and it. was. awesome.!! I got to hold a huge boa constrictor (with three of my friends), I let a tarantula crawl on my shirt and petted all kinds of lizards. I talked about it for an hour after mom picked me up.
We all finally got to sleep in on Friday and had a very leisurely morning. We got out the door around 1 and headed down to the Denver Natural History Museum. They were having a special exhibit on....wait for it..... Snakes and Lizards! So awesome! We also watched a 3D Imax movie on pterosaurs that pretty much was the coolest thing ever. It was a very reptile kind of afternoon. After that, we headed to the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner and then home and to bed.
We got to sleep in Saturday again, mom went for a run, dad for a bike ride and I watched Scooby. I had my soccer game in the afternoon and it was such a beautiful day, that we rode our bikes to my game. The Pink Jets had another stellar game with a 5-2 win and I scored a goal but more importantly, I had a great time again.
Saturday night, we had our friends Margy and Evan with their two boys over for dinner. It was such a warm and wonderful night, that we ate out on the patio. In March! In Colorado! You'd of thought it was Tucson.
Sunday was another beautiful day weather-wise and we took full advantage of it. Mom and I headed out for a morning bike ride to take some spring nature pictures.
A lot of the trees are in full bloom around here and are just gorgeous!
We rode down to the little pond that we visited back in January when it was frozen. It is much more pleasant when it's warm!
This is me taking a picture of wildlife at the pond.
This is the wildlife- a redwinged blackbird.
In the afternoon, dad was in the mood to spend some money, so we hit the Apple store and came home with an ipad, which I immediately absconded. (That might have something to do with why I'm in bed already- I think mom wanted to play on it as well).
We fired up the grill, threw on some chicken and veggies and had our second meal of the season outside. It was beautiful! Sadly, it is supposed to rain/snow tomorrow and Tuesday and dad has to head out of town for a few days. ( So my parents look a little like lushes with their beer AND wine for dinner but they had smiles on their faces all night, so I guess it's a good thing?)
Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
No comments:
Post a Comment