I think Mr. Walker put it best- this is a good week to have in the rear view mirror. Daisy died last Friday night, so no of us slept which means the cold mom was fighting off took over. With a vengeance. So not only was mom a basket case because of Daisy but she was sick too. And it lasted all stinking week. Her week wasn't a whole lot of fun but she is on the upswing now.
A few spring pictures.
Dad and I had somewhat better weeks. I had soccer practice and girl scouts so I (and mom) was busy . The absolute highlight of my week though was Thursday. It was "Take Your Child to Work Day" and I got to spend the day with Dat Dat at his work! It was awesome! We stopped to pick up donuts for the staff meeting that started our day. Fortunately, that was the only meeting I had to go to. After that, we spent the morning building rockets, making ooze, designing roller coasters and building balloon powered cars. It was the perfect day for my little science brain. I told dad after that it was the very best day of my whole life and always would be.
Our weekend was pretty good. On Saturday, mom got in a long run despite still feeling like poo, dad got in his bike ride and I had a soccer game. I scored another goal. I've scored in every game so far, so my streak stays alive. After my game, mom met a friend of hers at the Denver Art Museum to see the Yves Saint Laurent retrospective exhibit. It is a big display of all his haute couture designs from the past 40 years. It was very, very cool and mom isn't even all that into fashion.
Dad and I had a much better adventure. We are season pass holders at Elich Gardens, a huge, local amusement park. Saturday was a special Members Only day so we ventured down for that. We had a great time AND I've grown since the last time we were there so I got to ride a whole bunch more rides than last year.
Sunday was our Family Fun Day so we packed everyone up, including Haile and headed to the state park near our house. It was a beautiful day, so we packed a picnic lunch and did a little hiking.
This is me "speed casting" my fishing pole
Success!
No comments:
Post a Comment