Missed last week. Again. No excuses this time, just wasn't up to it. We did have a great Sunday last week though. Sunday is always our "Family Fun Day" so we packed up and headed down to the Rockies game for the afternoon. It was a beautiful day but beautiful and in the 50's in the sun with a cool breeze. Our seats happened to be in the shade so it was teensy bit cooler. We made it to the fourth inning, barely enough time for me to finish all my snacks and not enough time for mom to get a beer. We ended up getting more snacks and sitting at a picnic table in the walk way listening to the game over the loud speaker which was much more pleasant. There is nothing like spring baseball in the Rockies!
I had my first science project due last week as well. I decided I wanted to see which kind of paper airplane flew the furthest- paper, magazine cover, paper bag or cardboard. I did my research and learned about lift, drag, weight and thrust and could even tell you about each of those. We had to talk a little about our board, so I started my presentation with "You may be wondering what this project is all about. I will tell you......". Mom and dad found it a little amusing!
Now, onto our pity party. We are very sad because Dat Dat had to leave for 7 whole days to go to Norway and Sweden for work. He had to leave on Saturday afternoon which means he misses a whole bunch of stuff. I was very, very sad to see him go and we are counting the days until he comes home (with presents for me of course).
I played my last soccer game of the season and scored a goal just for Dad. We won 5-2. Yeah us! After the game, mom and I hit Target to get ready for my birthday party next week. I'm going to be 6 in two weeks! Can you believe it!!?
That's me in the grey sweats. It was 45 degrees and rainy. Awesome soccer weather!
Sunday was Mother's Day and since Dat couldn't be here, it was a lot of pressure on me but I think I did it up right! I let mom take me to Monster Mini Golf, which I'd been begging to go to for weeks. It was the least I could do to take care of my mom on her special day!
Then I insisted she take me out for ice cream because every mom deserves ice cream. I got yellow birthday cake flavor and it was awesome. We both splurged and got chocolate covered waffle cones. Mom inhaled hers but I took longer and savored mine.
Dad called us from Tromso, Norway where he had just checked into his hotel after 20 hours of travel. He sent us these pictures of warm and sunny Norway. Apparently the sun only goes down for about an hour right now and even then it isn't completely dark so we hope he gets a good night's sleep!
Mom had a good Mother's Day- I was awesome for her and we had a lot of fun. We are sending good wishes to all the other moms out there- hope your day was just as awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment