On Friday, we had 5 tons of sand and a bobcat tractor delivered to our door. Dad then moved all of the pallets of bricks from the front yard to the back. He had a lot more faith the abilities of the bobcat then mom did. She ran back in the house after the back wheels kept flying off the ground from to much front loading. Dad didn't tip it though- guess he knows what he's doing! After that, he got a little crazy and ripped up the lovely asphalt driveway we had in our backyard. Mom was really sorry to see that piece of art go. Then dad spent the rest of the day laying pavers, mom spent the rest of the day telling him they weren't level. He did rip some of the places up to start over but in the end, he and mom decided that if they ever sell this house, the dips will just be described as a "built in water collection system!".
Saturday was pretty much a repeat of Friday. The only bright spot was when Papa Vern stopped by with a huge pumpkin just for me. I've gotten pretty good at saying "pumpkin pie", so to actually see a real, live pumpkin was a sight to behold
On Sunday, I finally got to be the center of attention for a bit. We all went to the fundraising brunch for the Tucson Childrens Museum. I had a great time bowling, playing golf (no worries, Tiger) and playing in the jumping castle. I liked the jumping castle the best but dad and mom kept pulling me out when the bigger kids got to close to landing on my head. I had lots of mac and cheese, broccoli and watermelon. We got home from that and guess what we did?! More yard work! Oh joy. I will grudgingly admit that I like the extra space already. Mom is very excited that the yard is starting to take shape. And dad is excited to be doing back breaking labor every weekend from now until Christmas!
1 comment:
We love the picture of you with your golf club!
Poor Rich. We know what the workin' man's life is like!
Post a Comment