Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma Walker!

What do you get when dad goes to bed at 8, mom goes to bed at 9 and 2 year old me goes to bed grudgingly at 10? You get 2 cranky, tired, frustrated adults and one bouncing off the walls toddler. Staying up until 10 is so cool! I have figured out how to turn my big light on (despite then 12 layers of duct tape mom used on the switch to keep it in the off position) and my room is my playground for as long as I want or until mom catches me. Then it is just a battle of wills as to who falls asleep first. Mom was thinking about pushing my bed time back until Ms. Mary told her I was falling asleep in my lunch again all week. Darn Mary tattling on me. Mom let me stay up until 8:15 tonight. Not quite 10 but better than 7:45.
I have lots of exciting things coming up in the next few days. I get a to bring birthday treats to daycare tomorrow, Nana D, Mr. Walker and Uncle Adam are all coming in on Friday and we are having a party on Saturday. Woo-hoo!

More important than me however is my great grandma Walker's birthday today. She is Mr. Walker's mom and she is 88 today! She was out mowing her grass on her riding mower yesterday. Mom tried to get me to talk to her tonight but I didn't have much to say on the phone, so I'll just say it now- "HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!!!!"

No comments: