Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sayanora Dora?

Sabino Canyon Creek

Taking a little snack break with my stuff
Photographic genius in the making

Waaa-hooo!


What a fabulously beautiful weekend!  75 degrees today- sorry everyone back east.
We had a pretty good weekend here.  Nothing to exciting though.  I do think I had my fill of Dora last weekend because I haven't asked to watch her once this whole week.  Mom is super excited about my lack of interest in TV.  Hopefully it lasts awhile.
We went out to dinner with Papa Vern on Friday- he made quite a few comments about how much I talk.  He thinks it may be more than cousin Brooke and she talks A LOT.  So I guess that means I talk even more A LOT.
On Saturday, mom headed out to a baby shower for one of her friends, so dad and I went shopping and out to lunch.  We got home and he tried to put me down for a nap.  I kind of yelled at him through my closed door.  " You open this door!"  "I'm not taking a nap!  Let me out of here!"  Dad did a pretty good job of ignoring me.  I still didn't take a nap though.  It made for a long afternoon for mom because dad was painting the bedroom, which means I had to be kept out of the way.  It was kind of a crazy afternoon for everyone.  The bedroom looks nice though.
On Sunday, mom and I headed out to Sabino Canyon to go for a hike and play in the water.  We ate breakfast and then packed my backpack with everything a girl needs for a day on the trail- goldfish crackers, H2O, bathtub squeezy toys, a race car and an airplane.  I walked probably a mile to the creek and took lots of pictures on the way.  I'll post them on Wednesday.  Mom and I spent all morning throwing rocks and leaves into the water, throwing leaves on one side of the bridge and running to other side to watch them come out, digging in the sand and just generally enjoying the day.  
Dad is heading out of town for business tomorrow.  He gets into Lancaster, PA (dress warm Dad!) at midnight, meets with the CEO of one of his suppliers for 2 hours on Tuesday and then flies home on Wednesday.  Sounds like a lot of work for a 2 hour meeting but I guess that is big business for you!  I promised to be extra good for mom.
See you Wednesday.

No comments: