Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cooler and Wetter

Hi Everyone! Another quiet, relaxing weekend around the old homestead. Dad was out of town for most of the week so mom was exhausted from going solo with me and dad was exhausted from 3 days of travel. That made for a fun friday night at home with a pizza delivery and everyone in bed by 8:30. It was actually a little pathetic but everyone felt better on Saturday.
On Saturday, mom and I headed to the Splash Park with our friend Ms. Amy and baby Grace. It was a beautiful day for it- not to awful hot and just a nice breeze. Dad and I spent the afternoon hanging out and playing dinosaurs while mom hung pictures around the house.
We got a heck of a rain storm that night with lots of thunder and lightning and enough rain that our fire pit flooded all the way up to the top steps. Thankfully, most of the water was gone by Sunday morning.
On Sunday, mom and I went to church and then out for bagels and chocolate milk after. Grandpa Vern was down from Show Low for the week and brought us a ton of fresh veggies that he picked from his garden this morning. So tasty! To bad I'm not so into veggies- mom and dad seemed to really like them though.
We went swimming for a little while but the water was pretty danged cold from the rain last night and since it wasn't that hot today, we didn't last to long. We decided to go to the bookstore instead and I got a great dinosaur book and a great volcano book.
We spent the rest of the day relaxing and getting ready for Monday. It comes so fast.......
Have a great week!

No comments: