On Friday, mom and I started the weekend out with a long run. It was so cold for us. My little cheeks and nose were very red by the time we were done. Then we went to get my new hi-chair. I love it! I can bang on it forever and really like sitting up to eat. Mom was also very excited about the new toy she bought for me. I liked it for about 2 minutes but I found the carpet much more interesting. Sorry mom!Mr. Walker and Nana D came into town Friday afternoon. Yipee- I love the constant attention from Nana D! I didn't even cry when I saw her this time.
On Saturday, Dad, Mr. Walker and mom rode in the Tour de Tucson. This is a huge deal here in Tucson with over 8400 cyclists riding around Tucson in various distances. Dad and Mr. Walker ground out the 109 miler. Dad finished 45 minutes faster than last year, even with a bum arm. He finished in 4 hours and 42 minutes. He was a hurting dude the next day- but quite a showing. Mr. Walker was a tad bit slower but he still came in ahead of over 1000 other cyclists. He battled through leg cramps and dehydration. Way to go Mr. Walker. It wasn't quite as much fun as either of them thought it would be! Mom rode the 35 miler. She finished in 2 hours and 16 minutes, 347 out of 1145. She is pretty impressed with herself since that was only her 3rd time on a bike in the past 9 months. I got to hang out with Nana D all day and I was SO GOOD! We spent most of the day hanging out at the finish line waiting for everyone to finish. Grandpa Vern met us down there also. That night, I was in bed early and everyone else enjoyed the hot tub.
Sunday, Nana and Mr. left and I was MAD. I spent most of the day crying and not sleeping. That night we went to our friends John and Christy for a bar-b-que. I had a great time there but was kind of bummed when their twin girls weren't there. I was hoping for a play date. Oh well.

No comments:
Post a Comment