Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!!

I hope all you fathers out there had a great day and all of you with father's made their day extra special. We had a good day here. Dad went for a nice, long bike ride and mom and I made him waffles and sausage and fruit for breakfast. The waffles were awesome even if mom did forget to put the eggs and butter in. They were more like bagels but Dad and especially me loved them. We call them mom's special "wagels". Yummy. Grandma Sue came over later and took us all out to lunch and then we went swimming and mom made dinner. Mom recovered nicely from the morning breakfast experiment and dinner was really tasty- veggies and salmon on the grill, just like dad ordered. We got him an electric ice cream maker and he has already made 3 different kinds of ice cream. Good thing he is riding his bike alot! All in all a good day.
Now, back to me. On Thursday, Ms. Michelle from daycare made a valiant effort with the shoe thing but I wasn't fooled. She even tried giving my shoes to Megan because I hate when the other kids play with my stuff. I just let Megan have the stupid shoes. We got home and mom just forced them on me and let me cry it out. We drove up to the fancy shopping center to walk around and break them in and I found out they really aren't all that bad. Now, she bought me a pair of sandles to wear also and I sort of like them, if I have to.
On Friday, dad, mom and I went to the mall and I got to play in the big play area. Oh, man!!! That was awesome! It took me about 30 seconds to get my bearings and then I was off and running. Mom thought it was pretty gross and germy but I loved it. I was the littlest one there but I held my own and didn't let any of the bigger kids push me around. That was a great day and unfortunately for mom, I am definately going back.
Well ,that was it for this weekend. I put in some pictures of my cool "rides" from grandma Sue and grandpa Vern. I'm not sure which one I like better, so it is a good thing I have both. Hope everyone has a great week.

No comments: