Wednesday, June 27, 2007

San Diego- Day 5/ Vacation Wrap Up

Well, as you remember, mom had great hopes for a relaxing, nice dinner last night . No go, mom! I made the biggest ruckus yet of my young life. Mom had to take me out of the restaurant to let me run around. I did calm down long enough to mow down 2 pieces of pizza, several pieces of bread and some tomatoes.
On Tuesday, we ventured to the San Diego Zoo. I had a fun time there looking at all the monkeys, waterfalls, polar bears and elephants but I had to spend a lot of time in my stroller. Everytime mom put me down to walk on my own, I sat down or stood in one place and stuck my tongue out. It was all in good fun but I guess it got old after awhile. I snuck in a little nap as we wandered through the "Hoof and Horn Mesa" and woke up in time for lunch. After that, we went to the science center where they had a "Kid City" for kids infant through 6 years. Dad and I had a lot of fun trying out all kinds of fun stuff, while mom relaxed on the comfy wooden benches and talked to other moms. I got in another nap back at the hotel and, mom and dad, having learned their lesson, took me to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. That was much more my style. I got my very own plate of bananas and bread from our waitress and I got to bang my spoons and drop my food and no one even noticed. After dinner, we stopped by the cool playground one more time. I had a great time there until I tripped and did a face plant and scrapped up my nose. I sure look tough.
I had mom and dad up at 5:15 this morning, thinking we were heading out for another adventure. It was a cruel joke, when I woke up from my nap and realized we were still in the car and had 3 1/2 hours left to go. I wasn't 100% pleasant on the rest of the trip but I did have plenty of time to think about what a great trip it was. Mom has a whole new respect for parents on family vacations. Although she and dad had a great time, it wasn't quite as relaxing as they thought it would be. Dad was channeling Clark Griswold ( especially wandering around the beach looking for a good spot with all of our stuff spilling out) and they both were constantly humming the song from National Lampoon's Family Vacation. We can't wait to go again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just wait until you do it with 2. what a gong show.