Sunday, June 24, 2007

Live from San Diego- Part 2 and 3



WOW!!! I LOVE VACATION!! We are having so much fun! Yesterday was kind of a low key day. We went over to Balboa park and walked around some. We found a really cool playground with lots and lots of kids of all ages. I jumped right in and "borrowed" some toys. I look a little like the playground general in my picture but I actually played very nicely. Mom got invited to join a mom's exercise class. She wasn't sure whether it was because she looked like a nice person or because she needed to workout a bit more. Either way, she thought that was very nice of the mom's.

We got some sandwiches for lunch and ate by the huge fountain. I really wanted to jump in and play but mom and dad weren't down with that. Party poopers!

That afternoon, we went to the San Diego velodrome for a few hours. Dad's bike team rents it out a few times a year for velo races. Dad wanted to give it a try. It sounds pretty scary to me- no brakes and no gears. If you stop pedaling, you fall over. Dad did really well and enjoyed so it looks like he will be back in July.

We had a kind of stressful dinner only because mom was worried about me and my lack of nappage. Really didn't feel like sleeping, so by the time dinner rolled around, I was a bleary eyed mess. She just wanted to eat and get me to bed. Dad is much better about relaxing on these trips.

Today rocked! We went to Sea World. You wouldn't think a 13 month old would get much out of it but it was great. I love all the fish and birds, the Shamu show kept me wide- eyed and smiling the whole time. I even forgot about my cheerios for a short while. After a yummy lunch, we found a water playground just for kids. It was kind of unexpected, so I got myself soaked, clothes and all and had nothing dry to change into except my dirty jacket. I had a great time splashing around and getting water up my nose. After a quick drying off, we found a big soft play area with lots of soft blocks to climb on. I got into it a few times with other babies trying to take my blocks but the moms did a fair job of mediating. Well, I guess it was fair. I still lost some of my blocks to my subordinates, er, I mean, the other kids.

I fell asleep in the car on the way home and mom is hoping for an extra long nap time and then maybe a more relaxing dinner. See you tomorrow!



No comments: