Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Not ready for prime time

Yet another quiet week.  Before we get into the excruciating details, I want to give a huge "high five" to my Aunt Mary Kay and Uncle Boo.  They ran their first 5k last weekend!  Rumor has it, they were actually running when they crossed the finish line.  (That is more than mom can say since she hasn't run a race in 2 1/2 years!)  Way to go guys- next up, marathons!
Other than that, the big excitement of the week so far was my first attempt at big girl panties.  I came home from school on Monday and told mom I wanted to wear my big girl panties.  So, off came my diaper, on came the panties and mom started in with her lecture about having to tell her if I needed to go potty.  "Do you need to go now?"  "How about now?"  "Now?"  The answer every time was "NO!"  So off to watch Dora (Yes, she's back).  About 1/2 later I get up off the couch to get a snack, completely oblivious to the fact that I was wet down to my knees.  Mom asked me if I went pee and I told her "NO!"  Mom is thinking maybe I'm not ready for this, plus she absolutely does not have the patience to sit with me for hours on the potty, waiting for me to figure this out.  I could be the first kid in the history of the world to start kindergarten still in my diapers!
We had more snow here in Tucson Monday night.  Where the heck do we live?!  Crazy.
Dad has his first big bike race of the season this weekend.  It is the Valley of the Sun Bike Classic up in Phoenix.  We are going to make a weekend out of it and dad has some fun stuff planned for me.  It is supposed to be cold and rainy, of course.  In the valley of the sun.  We love this weather.
I'll update you on Sunday.
Have a happy, happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: